Tim Miles has a new gig!

49r

55 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Ironic— do we finally get to the post season or does Tim Miles lead a team who had never had a .500 record in the Mountain West to an NIT before his successor?

And after ALL of this, the downs and the big ups, do we find a way to turn this season into a losing season? How Nebrasketball would that be?

I have to cry and laugh at the same time for even thinking of this scenario.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Unless a few decline to go, we might both be on the outside looking in.

A bit tough when you don't play good basketball in January and wait until February to kick it into gear. We needed too many things out of our control* to work in our favor by March (like seeding, bubble/autobids, etc.).

Good reminder for next season as a pulse check for our progress.

(*of course winning 5 games in 5 days is within our control, but the probabilities are very unlikely)

So I thought I'd go through the CBI bracket and see how the teams compared.  I put the bracket down below and added KenPom rankings.  As I suspected, SJSU is the highest ranked participant in the CBI this year.  Got a pretty decent shot at the finals here.

1. Indiana State (97)

16. USC Upstate (258)

====================>

8. Eastern Kentucky (169)

9. Cleveland State (179)

4. Southern Utah (111)

13. North Alabama (251)

====================>

5. Duquesne (125)

12. Rice (216)

2. San José St. (93)

15. Southern Indiana (270)

====================>

7. Tarleton (160)

10. Radford (182)

3. Charlotte (117)

14. Western Carolina (234)

====================>

5. Stetson (165)

11. Milwaukee (228)

2 hours ago, Red Don said:

San Jose State in CBI, March 18-22. First & Second Rounds live streamed by FloHoops (Subscription)
Semi & Championship televised by ESPN2

(Presume Times are Eastern Daylight Time)

image.png

A healthy Trevor Lakes is playing for Southern Indiana and shooting 41.9% from 3 on the year

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

A healthy Trevor Lakes is playing for Southern Indiana and shooting 41.9% from 3 on the year

I liked Lakes a lot.  If he would have been on this year’s team he would have helped a ton off the bench.  He would have fit in well with this edition of Nebraska basketball.   Would have been great playing Breidenbach’s minutes.  I think he had a game this year where he hit something crazy like 10 3’s.  I believe it’s all moot because if I remember correctly he had to transfer to get an extra year of eligibility.  

9 hours ago, busticket said:

I liked Lakes a lot.  If he would have been on this year’s team he would have helped a ton off the bench.  He would have fit in well with this edition of Nebraska basketball.   Would have been great playing Breidenbach’s minutes.  I think he had a game this year where he hit something crazy like 10 3’s.  I believe it’s all moot because if I remember correctly he had to transfer to get an extra year of eligibility.  

We didn't have a scholarship left for him; he had to transfer if he didn't want to pay for school.

8 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I'm playing the long game where Lakes ends up marrying current GF Isabelle Bourne from the women's team and in 2053 we have a 7'1" PG who shoots well from the 4 point line.

Make it 2045, my odds of still being alive would be 50% greater.  (Stupid actuarial tables, pushing the reality of your own impending demise straight down your throat.)

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Make it 2045, my odds of still being alive would be 50% greater.  (Stupid actuarial tables, pushing the reality of your own impending demise straight down your throat.)

Same for Wine Collectors.  All they have to do is Live Long enough to Drink 'Em.  🙏