Tim Miles has a new gig!

49r

Bruce Weber took Kansas State to the Elite 8 just 4 seasons ago, has been to the NCAA tournament 5 of his 10 seasons (with an outside shot at #6 this year) and yet a significant number of K-State fans have wanted him fired for his entire tenure.  They're actively rooting for the team to lose so that they don't make the tournament this year and they can finally get rid of him.

Any coach would be mayor of Lincoln with a lifetime guaranteed contract if he had a similar record here.

Fans, I guess, just have a hard time being rational often times.

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

Bruce Weber took Kansas State to the Elite 8 just 4 seasons ago, has been to the NCAA tournament 5 of his 10 seasons (with an outside shot at #6 this year) and yet a significant number of K-State fans have wanted him fired for his entire tenure.  They're actively rooting for the team to lose so that they don't make the tournament this year and they can finally get rid of him.

Any coach would be mayor of Lincoln with a lifetime guaranteed contract if he had a similar record here.

I know a lot of KU fans that were so happy KSU made that run.

1 hour ago, coughunter said:

Its cool cause of the wins and style they play.  Not cause of the coach and his personality and jokes

No question Tim wasn't an outstanding coach but I'd take his level of success for his first 3 years at Nebraska any day over the level of success that Fred has had.  Fred looks absolutely lost and doesn't seem to have a clue how to coach or what to do to fix the teams issues.  And for those saying how well Hoiberg is recruiting, I'd take a look at some of the talent Tim brought here as well.  Fred has the national brand name recognition but only producing 7 wins a season isn't going to get better talent here that what we have now.  I'll support whoever the coach is next year but based on what I've seen on the court, I'd take Tim's teams any day over any of Fred's first three teams. 

32 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

No question Tim wasn't an outstanding coach but I'd take his level of success for his first 3 years at Nebraska any day over the level of success that Fred has had.  Fred looks absolutely lost and doesn't seem to have a clue how to coach or what to do to fix the teams issues.  And for those saying how well Hoiberg is recruiting, I'd take a look at some of the talent Tim brought here as well.  Fred has the national brand name recognition but only producing 7 wins a season isn't going to get better talent here that what we have now.  I'll support whoever the coach is next year but based on what I've seen on the court, I'd take Tim's teams any day over any of Fred's first three teams. 

I agree, hard not to based on that.  My point is this program deserves more than Miles results, and without a doubt more than the Fred results. And just cause Miles had more "success" then Fred, doesn't mean Miles was the answer and he should still be here.

Edited by coughunter

9 hours ago, 49r said:

Kansas State has always cared about basketball and has Final Fours on it’s resume.

• 10 months later...