Tim Miles has a new gig!

49r

18 minutes ago, coughunter said:

2 out of 7 years above last 4 teams... i guess i dont get how 5 years at the bottom of the conference is acceptable 

Tim made it cool 😎 to like Nebraska Basketball & that hadn’t happened around here in a LONG time, I’m sorry you missed it…

25 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Tim made it cool 😎 to like Nebraska Basketball & that hadn’t happened around here in a LONG time, I’m sorry you missed it…

I'll give Miles this, he could get a few high-volume scorers to complement the other parts & pieces that seemed to fit at least every third season. These past 3 seasons have been atrocious, and it was so unexpected. Ughh

9 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

So thats all we want now?  Someone who makes it cool and not worry about winning?  Tim was handed a brand new arena and practice facility.  He was a salesman and brought interest but lost it based on results.  And no I didnt miss it as I had season ticks and was there for the disapointments as well.

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

The Athletic Department already gave you your answer to this.

Exactly, the guy doesn't work here anymore and likely won't in the future.  The problem anyone has with a 10 page thread on Tim Miles is that Fred Hoiberg has underperformed so much that it exists.

25 minutes ago, coughunter said:

So thats all we want now?  Someone who makes it cool and not worry about winning?  Tim was handed a brand new arena and practice facility.  He was a salesman and brought interest but lost it based on results.  And no I didnt miss it as I had season ticks and was there for the disapointments as well.

Dude… it’s ooook to admit that Miles did good things for the program despite there being some rough patches.  It’s ooook to admit facts like getting us to the dance, finishing in the Top 4 multiple times, etc.

I Haven’t seen one person on here say they wouldn’t have made the same switch we did back when he was fired.  It was the right move at the time.

Now hindsight is 20/20, so it isn’t surprising to want his level of success back right now.  Yes, that level of success may not be what we ultimately want year in and year out.  But I think that speaks more to how much of a failure the last three years has been.  Tim did a lot for this program.  There is no direct stats to link this, but I would say Tim got us to a point where hiring someone like Fred was possible.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Dude… it’s ooook to admit that Miles did good things for the program despite there being some rough patches.  It’s ooook to admit facts like getting us to the dance, finishing in the Top 4 multiple times, etc.

I Haven’t seen one person on here say they wouldn’t have made the same switch we did back when he was fired.  It was the right move at the time.

Now hindsight is 20/20, so it isn’t surprising to want his level of success back right now.  Yes, that level of success may not be what we ultimately want year in and year out.  But I think that speaks more to how much of a failure the last three years has been.  Tim did a lot for this program.  There is no direct stats to link this, but I would say Tim got us to a point where hiring someone like Fred was possible.

Multiple times?  You mean 2?

1 hour ago, coughunter said:

You guys treat Miles like he was Bill Self or Roy Williams.  With the money, facilities, support, and resources there is no reason why a coach cant finish above the bottom 4 teams on a regular basis.  I get getting caught in the moment on what garbage is now being played and its easy to look at the previous guy.  But good god, be had 1 year they got hot and another year where they were a 6 seed i believe in the NIT and everyone wants to make it out that he is the best thing ever cause he was nice, and quirky, and a big change from what we had before.  

9 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

That's such an odd flex to keep pushing on when we've only been in the top 50% of our conference standings 8 times since Danny Nee took over the program.

Its weird the word "multiple" is used to show success.  Why not "multiple" bottom 4 finishes. Its an odd flex that this is somehow the point is used when the other 5 years arent.   Again the issue is the acceptance and expectation that its ok

Edited by coughunter

14 minutes ago, coughunter said:

You guys treat Miles like he was Bill Self or Roy Williams.  With the money, facilities, support, and resources there is no reason why a coach cant finish above the bottom 4 teams on a regular basis.  I get getting caught in the moment on what garbage is now being played and its easy to look at the previous guy.  But good god, be had 1 year they got hot and another year where they were a 6 seed i believe in the NIT and everyone wants to make it out that he is the best thing ever cause he was nice, and quirky, and a big change from what we had before.  

I liked Miles, he was a fun guy to talk to. I didn't have an issue when he was released. It's over and done with, from my perspective.

I will offer this, just to clarify: in Miles' final season, NU was a 4-seed in the N.I.T., then beat Butler for his only post-season victory; ironic that he also defeated CU 94-75, when that specific win turned out to be Miles only career win over McDermott.

The year when NU didn't make the Big Dance (with 13-5 B1G record), the Huskers fell to a 5-seed in the N.I.T. and had to play at Miss. St. (again, since NU had played the charity exhibition at MSU prior to regular season, and NU 'won' the exhibition, which didn't count), yet in that N.I.T. NU lost to MSU in the post-season.

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I liked Miles, he was a fun guy to talk to. I didn't have an issue when he was released. It's over and done with, from my perspective.

I will offer this, just to clarify: in Miles' final season, NU was a 4-seed in the N.I.T., then beat Butler for his only post-season victory; ironic that he also defeated CU 94-75, when that specific win turned out to be Miles only career win over McDermott.

The year when NU didn't make the Big Dance (with 13-5 B1G record), the Huskers fell to a 5-seed in the N.I.T. and had to play at Miss. St. (again, since NU had played the charity exhibition at MSU prior to regular season, and NU 'won' the exhibition, which didn't count), yet in that N.I.T. NU lost to MSU in the post-season.

Yeah i know how the season ended...

1 minute ago, coughunter said:

Mike Riley made multiple bowl games as a coach and shouldnt have been fired....

I'm not sure I understand your response. I interpreted the comment that I quoted as you believing multiple was being incorrectly defined. And I was being pedantic and letting you know that multiple was being correctly defined. Sooo where does Mike Riley come into play and what does that have to do with the price of rice in Asia?

13 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

I'm not sure I understand your response. I interpreted the comment that I quoted as you believing multiple was being incorrectly defined. And I was being pedantic and letting you know that multiple was being correctly defined. Sooo where does Mike Riley come into play and what does that have to do with the price of rice in Asia?

Just saying.  I was just throwing out a random fact for the heck of it...

12 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

This is a great point. When Carey Cohorn is on Sip and Jakes show, I feel like when asked why a team like Creighton can have success he always brings up the cool factor. Its cool to play for them, and we’re just not shiny right now. We need wins and some swag back. (And not the swag like this team has, that comes off as cocky play after continuously getting beat).

5 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

This is a great point. When Carey Cohorn is on Sip and Jakes show, I feel like when asked why a team like Creighton can have success he always brings up the cool factor. Its cool to play for them, and we’re just not shiny right now. We need wins and some swag back. (And not the swag like this team has, that comes off as cocky play after continuously getting beat).

Its cool cause of the wins and style they play.  Not cause of the coach and his personality and jokes

24 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

The Miles era was certainly more fun than the Hoiberg era to date. That being said, I don't think it would be too farfetched to think the next coach could at least match Miles level of success and even bring more success. Think about how fun and cool that would be!

My only hope at this point for the next coach is that when I watch games I don't have to sit there perplexed as to why these young men cannot execute things on the basketball court that were drilled into nearly all of us starting when were 10 - 12 years old 😐

7 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

My only hope at this point for the next coach is that when I watch games I don't have to sit there perplexed as to why these young men cannot execute things on the basketball court that were drilled into nearly all of us starting when were 10 - 12 years old 😐

Can you imagine if we win one tournament game or go to back to back tournaments? Those are two things that really aren't that impressive in the grand scheme and we will all feel like we won the lottery...