Tim Miles has a new gig!

49r

On 11/24/2021 at 10:37 PM, basketballjones said:

When enough time has passed, I’ll spills the beans on everything I know about the end of the Miles era. 

He needed to go. 

Just think how awkward it would have been for someone to unload on Sadler about November of 2018.

20 hours ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

This is such a gross overreactionary attempt at a take. Look at who those teams have played, and remember that your record in November is just fodder for the slapdicks like Jon Rothstein of the world to write "who won the offseason coaching carousel" articles for clicks. It's November for god's sake. 3 of the teams you listed even remotely have tournament aspirations, let alone chances. 

Have you seen Minnesota play?

If we played them tomorrow, they'd embarrass us.

I mean, yeah, it's early and who have they played and all, but I still have eyes and my eyes tell me that Minnesota fans are watching a better brand of basketball right now than Husker fans.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Good for Tim.  Sitting at 6-4, but looking at their schedule, maybe 7-3 is where they “should” be.  Overall, hope he has success out there in Cali!

he's at his best taking a huge underdog and inflating them up. 

this is the perfect gig for him. 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

First time I had seen Tim's new team play. I did not note any glasses. Has he had lasik or wear contacts now? His overall record so far is now 8-19 and Fred is 7-19 so pretty much a wash for this year. Maybe it will light Hoiberg's competitive streak to win at Northwestern.

Hopefully Tim makes better progress after year 1 than Fred. 

3 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Bet if Fred went to another school he'd succeed.  There is just something about Nebraska and men's hoops that just doesn't work.  

No, this is a whole new level of "not working".  Single digit season wins and last place finishes 3 straight years just doesn't happen, even here.   Until now.  

15 minutes ago, HB said:

No, this is a whole new level of "not working".  Single digit season wins and last place finishes 3 straight years just doesn't happen, even here.   Until now.  

In fact, Nebraska had NEVER before had 20-loss seasons, and, now, Fred is on the cusp of his 3rd consecutive 20+ loss season! It's remarkable, for all the wrong reasons. . .

33 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

In fact, Nebraska had NEVER before had 20-loss seasons, and, now, Fred is on the cusp of his 3rd consecutive 20+ loss season! It's remarkable, for all the wrong reasons. . .

Let's not overblow this too much. Had some of our prior coaches had 20-game conference seasons, there's a chance Miles could have had 4 20-loss seasons, Sadler with 2, Collier with 2, Nee with 4, etc.