Tim Miles has a new gig!

49r

5 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Why needlessly smear someone with what is likely second or third hand information, at best?

I heard with my own ears some pretty bad things out of his mouth.  I still like Tim and he shouldn't have been recorded at a dinner with other coaches, but it was not good.  Not sure if this is what @basketballjones was talking about or not.  At the end of the day, I chose not to judge him by one mistake.  Also at the end of the day, he just was not coaching well enough once Smith left for my taste.  Still wish him all the best in his current and future endeavors.  He gave me the best live game experience I have ever witnessed in person by a wide margin.  And he last got us to the dance.  

3 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Pac-12 job that can triple his salary? Miles has had a real nice season, but it's not like blue bloods will be knocking down his door.

There's a lot of unknowns with the Pac-12 in the near-term that are left answered and has its risks. But it's still a major step up from SJSU...that is, unless the Pac-12 brings them into the conference :lol:

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

There's a lot of unknowns with the Pac-12 in the near-term that are left answered and has its risks. But it's still a major step up from SJSU...that is, unless the Pac-12 brings them into the conference :lol:

Yeah I didn't think about the Pac12 unrest. But if they add SDSU, it will continue to be a multi bid basketball league. Tim also wouldn't have to move, great recruiting area, and I wouldn't want to live in that area making my salary but it would be a great place to live making 2 Mil a year.

13 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Wow-- SJSU beat Boise tonight.  What a win for Tim.  Boise was 2nd in the conference at 12-3

The last time San Jose State had 17+ wins was 2010-2011 (17 wins). Prior to that was 1979-1980 (17 wins), 1975-1976 (17 wins), 1949-1950 (21 wins), 1937-1938 (19 wins).

The last time they had 8+ conference wins was 1995-1996.

1995-1996: Lost in NCAA 1st Round

1979-1980: Lost in NCAA 1st Round

1950-1951: Lost in NCAA 1st Round

This team hasn't had a winning record since 2010-2011, prior to that was 1993-1994. The last time they had a winning conference record was 1993-1994.

The lack of history, lack of success, and lack of resources makes this turnaround (if you can even call it that) pretty impressive.

Not that they'll make the tournament, at-large, but if they beat us to a first NCAA tournament win we're truly cursed.

23 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

The last time San Jose State had 17+ wins was 2010-2011 (17 wins). Prior to that was 1979-1980 (17 wins), 1975-1976 (17 wins), 1949-1950 (21 wins), 1937-1938 (19 wins).

The last time they had 8+ conference wins was 1995-1996.

1995-1996: Lost in NCAA 1st Round

1979-1980: Lost in NCAA 1st Round

1950-1951: Lost in NCAA 1st Round

This team hasn't had a winning record since 2010-2011, prior to that was 1993-1994. The last time they had a winning conference record was 1993-1994.

The lack of history, lack of success, and lack of resources makes this turnaround (if you can even call it that) pretty impressive.

Not that they'll make the tournament, at-large, but if they beat us to a first NCAA tournament win we're truly cursed.

The fighting Timmy’s took down CSU last night to at least secure a .500 conference record.  They play @ Air Force who is 2nd to last in the conference this weekend.  If they win, they’ll be 10-8 in conference and 19-12 overall heading into their tournament.  They’d get, I believe, just their 2nd 1st round bye ever.

Heck of a turnaround.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:28 PM, HuskerFever said:

The more realistic situation would be them playing us in the NIT, if we qualify. The NIT would love that first round matchup.

50 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Really happy for miles, if I was him I’d try to cash in on a better job if the offer comes though. They will lose the Moore kid who is one of the better players in program history along with a good PF.  He’s had pretty good success in the transfer portal in his few years there though. 

I'm pretty sure Omari Moore has another year of eligibility left if he wants it.