HHCC Game #01 - vs. UC Riverside (Nov. 5, 8:00 PM CST)

HuskerFever

Well,  It's Unanimous;  Huskers WIN:  72-0!  :Cheer2:    Oh Wait!!!!!  :Redface:    How Could we ALL be so Wrong!  :Confused:

Highest score predicted for the Huskers was 95 points :Rolf: by @Handy Johnson& myself;  with the lowest score predicted of 72  (@cjbowbros)  :Facepalm:

Just about this time I think SOME of us may be re-evaluating our predictions for the Season Record; some of us even :Dancer:!  
Myself, I need a major Attitude-Adjustment.  I'm starting with Jack (Daniels).

Votes for Nebraska Win - 72
Votes for UC Riverside    -  0

6 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Well,  It's Unanimous;  Huskers WIN:  72-0!  :Cheer2:    Oh Wait!!!!!  :Redface:    How Could we ALL be so Wrong!  :Confused:

Highest score predicted for the Huskers was 95 points :Rolf: by @Handy Johnson& myself;  with the lowest score predicted of 72  (@cjbowbros)  :Facepalm:

Just about this time I think SOME of us may be re-evaluating our predictions for the Season Record; some of us even :Dancer:!  
Myself, I need a major Attitude-Adjustment.  I'm starting with Jack (Daniels).

Votes for Nebraska Win - 72
Votes for UC Riverside    -  0

Nebraska scored less than half of what you & Handy had predicted. Ufftah.

(I wasn't too far behind.... 89) 😐

Edited by AuroranHusker

• 3 months later...
On 11/4/2019 at 3:30 PM, Norm Peterson said:

I stopped doing the HHCC contest because I'd forget to pick a score some game and it would knock me out of the running and then I'd be all pissed about it.

That said, I'm going to make a prediction about the season win-loss record because I'm usually accused (and guilty) of being a sunshine pumper but I look at some of these win predictions in this thread and find myself scratching my head. I get told I do it every year -- pump things up and make it seem like we'll go undefeated.  I've pumped things up this year as well, but just want to go on record that, while I'm excited about what we're going to see from Hoiberg's team, I don't have any misapprehension about us being a top shelf Big Ten team.  I mean, we're not. And we won't be.

I think we'll have a very good back court, but I think we'll struggle in conference games and it'd be a pretty good accomplishment for us to win more than about 3-4 conference games. So, I'm thinking 7-8 non-con wins and another 3-4, maybe 5, conference wins.

I'm going to say 12 total wins and I'll be satisfied. More than that and I'm happy.

@Norm Peterson knew what might happen.

3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

He might be the Radio voice of the Lady Huskers 🤗....

Not to go too far Off-Topic regarding Lady Huskers but your comment, Handy, reminded me that I haven't seen any postings by @ladyhusker for some time.  Looking at the profile her last posting was on 4/8/19; just around the time of our transition from Coach Tim Miles to Fred Hoiberg.  She had several good observations at the time and some of us expressed that we'd like to see her post more often.   Her last log-on was May 22, 2019 and I am wondering if anyone has any news regarding her absence?  

2 hours ago, Red Don said:

Not to go too far Off-Topic regarding Lady Huskers but your comment, Handy, reminded me that I haven't seen any postings by @ladyhusker for some time.  Looking at the profile her last posting was on 4/8/19; just around the time of our transition from Coach Tim Miles to Fred Hoiberg.  She had several good observations at the time and some of us expressed that we'd like to see her post more often.   Her last log-on was May 22, 2019 and I am wondering if anyone has any news regarding her absence?  

She PM a couple of times last year. And yes she was tied into the program with Miles.  Don't know who her husband was but he was not retained.

5 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

She PM a couple of times last year. And yes she was tied into the program with Miles.  Don't know who her husband was but he was not retained.

Thank You @Silverbacked1!  I didn't know that; sorry to see that she is no longer active on the board.  Best Wishes to her, and her husband!   :nod:

12 hours ago, Red Don said:

Her voice on this Board has been sorely missed...

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

Well, I believe @huskerchode, who's a fan that participates in the WBB Forum, belongs to the 'fairer sex!  :nod:

(Here's an invitation that your talents may also be sought on the MBB Board.  :wink:)

Sorry to disappoint - I don't follow men's basketball.

Let me backtrack - I haven't followed men's basketball since Piatkowski was one of my students at UNL back in the day.

Edited by huskerchode

2 hours ago, huskerchode said:

Sorry to disappoint - I don't follow men's basketball.

Let me backtrack - I haven't followed men's basketball since Piatkowski was one of my students at UNL back in the day.

Well, there is a Jace Piatkowski now on the roster.  Perhaps the new regime under Fred Hoiberg may also pique your interest!   :Drool:

BTW :Gobigred:  for tonight's WBB game @ Ohio State at 6 pm!  (BTN+)

Numbers to Watch
(1)
Kate Cain is one rebound away from 600 in her career.
(1) Kristian Hudson needs one assist to reach 400 in her career (383 at FIU).
(2) Kate Cain needs two blocks to crack the top 10 list in Big Ten Conference history.
(4) Sam Haiby needs four rebounds to reach 200 in her career.
(7) Kate Cain is seven blocks away from her own Nebraska single-season block record (100) set as a freshman in 2017-18. Cain owns the top three season block totals in school history.
(7) Ashtyn Veerbeek needs seven points to reach 400 in her career.
(13) Kate Cain is 13 points away from 800 career points.

:Shout:

Don't Miss IT! - - - - - upload_2017-11-2_14-45-24-gif.13235- - - - - (BTN+)