Hoiberg previews the 2019-20 Husker season

AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:

If you are a coach at NU and have been watching the reaction of “greatest fans on earth” to the football team’s struggles, you are probably scared to death.  Can’t blame the staff at all for wanting to tamp down expectations.

Thats football, this is basketball. Apples to Oranges. Our last two coaches have had an average of 6.5 years, and went to a combined 1 NCAA tournament. I think this is just Doc being Doc - guy is an open book, and I love him to death. 

20 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Thats football, this is basketball. Apples to Oranges. Our last two coaches have had an average of 6.5 years, and went to a combined 1 NCAA tournament. I think this is just Doc being Doc - guy is an open book, and I love him to death. 

On TV it sure sounded like there were plenty of boos on the circus possession towards the end of the game.  The one where four different guys missed four shots (within 5 ft) back to back to back to back on the same possession.

It may have been just groans, but I think the "casual fan" (I know people hate that definition) is much less patient/understanding than you would think.

Can anyone at the game confirm that it was boos?

And for our more "seasoned" fans of a certain age on this board, was booing your own team as prevalent 20+ years ago as it is today?  I'm asking about all teams/sports, not only Husker football/basketball

Edited by Mr. Red