Women's College Basketball

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Ryan Hyatt, who does the WBB PBP had some stuff on her when all of this broke. He was not very happy about what Stollings was doing and had done.

i believe the video i watched was the previous TT wbb announcer. he was totally sick about all that happened with Stollings. it sounded like he had quite a bit of insight on Stollings and wished he would have voiced his strong opinion on the hiring.

• 4 weeks later...

Kentucky wbb coach has resigned...

Kentucky women's basketball coach Matthew Mitchell has retired after 13 seasons with the Wildcats, athletic director Mitch Barnhart announced Thursday.

Mitchell, with a record of 303-133 at Kentucky, is the winningest coach in the program's history

"After much conversation with my family and Mr. Barnhart, I have decided to retire from coaching and effectively have resigned as head coach at Kentucky," Mitchell said in a statement. "This was a difficult decision and I know the timing is not ideal, but I do not feel I can give the job what it requires at this time."

Mitchell had surgery over the summer for blood on the brain, which happened after he fell while on vacation and suffered a concussion. 

"As has been much publicized, I have had an eventful offseason with my injury and subsequent surgery. I have been open about the fact that the surgery and recovery process has been life-altering for me and my family," Mitchell said. "Through that, my priorities towards my family and my faith has grown even larger than before and that has led me to make this decision. Although so much about today is sad because I will greatly miss the relationships and people that have constantly lifted up my family and me the last 13 years, I am resolute in my decision and comfortable with beginning the next chapter of my life."

Associate head coach Kyra Elzy will take over as the interim head coach for the Wildcats effective immediately