Women's College Basketball

Bugeaters1

It looks like Coach Lindsay Whalen did a great job rallying her team after the internal dissension; Leading Iowa most of the game by as much as 15 points, but couldn't stave off the last quarter by Iowa; Losing by one point (75-76) at the buzzer.  Taiye Bello played an important role in her 15 mins and other players stepping up big time.  Kehinde Bello did not play.   All goes to show how good the B1G is pretty much across the board and how every team must bring their best game if they're to win!

13 hours ago, huskerchode said:

Sorry, don’t have a link but saw that Jayla Everett, PG on New Mexico team has entered transfer portal.  Was conference freshman of the year last year, 5-10 from St. Louis.

Jayla Everett looks to be quite athletic, although I can't find much video (other than her draining s series of 3-pointers), nor subscribe to the Albuquerque paper and thus can't read the article on her leaving the Lobos.  Does anyone know whether we tried to recruit her out of HS?

Nevertheless, we are going to have to replace the athleticism of NIcea Eliely after we lose her to graduation.

Edited by Red Don

10 hours ago, Red Don said:

Jayla Everett looks to be quite athletic, although I can't find much video (other than her draining s series of 3-pointers), nor subscribe to the Albuquerque paper and thus can't read the article on her leaving the Lobos.  Does anyone know whether we tried to recruit her out of HS?

Nevertheless, we are going to have to replace the athleticism of NIcea Eliely after we lose her to graduation.

Nicea will leave a huge gap on the defensive end.  Not sure we have anyone on the roster currently, to play that role.   Brady, maybe.  Would take improved conditioning, and a dedicated mind set, to be our stopper.  

Edited by 12dozen

13 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Why is it so hard to call fouls on Rutgers? Or am I not watching the same game.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Didn't see the game, but Rutgers is one of those teams that gets away with aggravated assault on a regular basis.  Has for years.

I'll never really understand why some teams are allowed to play thug ball with impunity.  Are the Three Stooges afraid of the coach?

2 hours ago, NUtball said:

Didn't see the game, but Rutgers is one of those teams that gets away with aggravated assault on a regular basis.  Has for years.

I'll never really understand why some teams are allowed to play thug ball with impunity.  Are the Three Stooges afraid of the coach?

Maybe they want to see that scowl on her face  as little as possible?  🤔

I think it more based on their rep. As an official you know they play hard defense so you allow them to play that way. It just like when we have a group of three come in and you know they call every little touch or they let you bang some. I am not sure who arranges for them to do games but if it is by the team or the league then they make sure to bring in a trio that allows a more physical game. If the league arranges it they need to change it. but I have said for years that what NE gets called for and what Maryland, or Rutgers gets called for are most time two different things.

Rutgers; & Maryland, too!   I think it's their version of 'street-ball.'  @Redhac makes some good points in his posts - it's No Secret how they Play or what they Do!   I don't know of any B1G law or Big Ten rule that says we can't be a team of athletic aggressors too, and go in and make them Uncomfortable in Their House.   What we need is a Team Full of ('Not so') Nicea Eliely's to disrupt Their play!

Edited by Red Don

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

Rutgers; & Maryland, too!   I think it's their version of 'street-ball.'  @Redhac makes some good points in his posts - it's No Secret how they Play or what they Do!   I don't know of any B1G law or Big Ten rule that says we can't be a team of athletic aggressors too, and go in and make them Uncomfortable in Their House.   What we need is a Team Full of ('Not so') Nicea Eliely's to disrupt Their play!

I don't necessarily disagree with the bolded part, but we all know that NU gets called for some of the most ticky-tack BS on a regular basis.  Hard to just decide to play more physical when the SOP of Three Stooges Amalgamated is already working against you.

I'm not so sure.  Play like they do and it makes the discrepancy in the calling all the more obvious.  If you don't play like they do, then nothing will change.  We'll continue to get the ticky-tack calls and they'll continue to get away with body slams (or scratches down the back).  We may still lose, but they'll know they've been in a :Catfight: (and what to expect)