2020 Baseball

Bugeaters1

They lost a lot in the way of reliable pitching but there is a lot of potential for this to be at least as good as last year and last year was not that bad. Kinda fell apart at the end but still. 

Ya I'd watch but I've got plans too. Hoping to catch some after the basketball game tomorrow. Depends on how many victory beers I drink...

49 minutes ago, 49r said:
1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Anyone know how much ESPN+ costs?

ESPN+ is $5 per month.  Cancel any time.

With your ESPN+ subscription you also get access to all the premium content on their website as well, including college basketball recruiting stuff.  Honestly, it's a pretty great value if you're a sports junkie.

It also includes premium content, international and US soccer, college basketball/football/baseball, NHL, NBA, etc. on tons of out of market games.

All depends on your preference. Huge benefit for some, not so much for others.

Yeah if you like soccer ESPN+ is a huge deal.  All out of market, non-nationally broadcast MLS and USL matches are on ESPN+.  Plus they have a ton of Serie A, Eridivisie, Dutch Superliga, Allsvenskan, EFL Championship, English FA Cup matches, US Open Cup matches, Indian Super League, Chinese Super League and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch more but you get the point.

They show UFC, all sorts of Ivy League competitions like crew, skiing, tennis, squash, basketball, football, volleyball, etc.  There's a bunch of Big XII stuff on there as well.  Canadian Football League, Canadian curling...New Zealand Cricket matches...competitive corn hole.  They have e-sports out the wazoo, competitive rock climbing...

They have lots of NBA, G-League, MLB out of market games too.

And there's more being added all the time.

For a lot of people who only really care about the traditional stuff, maybe it's not for them, but I love the variety of stuff they have.

15 hours ago, twister31 said:

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think many of us are going to be disappointed this season.

what do mean by disappointed?  Won’t make the Big 10 Tournament?   Won’t make a regional.  Or are you one of those who would be “disappointed “ with anything short of the CWS?  

4 hours ago, HB said:

what do mean by disappointed?  Won’t make the Big 10 Tournament?   Won’t make a regional.  Or are you one of those who would be “disappointed “ with anything short of the CWS?  

I think we'll be on bubble for regionals. I'm not sure Nebraska will ever sniff a CWS in the next 10+ years (2008 was last year I even thought about the possibility of neb in cws).

That said, if they can get things figured out quickly during non-con then we have a good chance of regionals I think. 

15 hours ago, 49r said:

Yeah if you like soccer ESPN+ is a huge deal...

For a lot of people who only really care about the traditional stuff, maybe it's not for them, but I love the variety of stuff they have.

I think there's also a deal out there for Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu for $13/mo or something like that, for those who feel they'd get a little value out of ESPN+ and more out of the other offerings.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Wondering, for those that watched, the relievers that we pitched last night... were they our top guys expected out of the pen?

Schaenemann is the closer so they saved him.   I think Martin is supposed to be a lefty we  on in relief.  Had a great Big 10 tournament outing against Michigan last year.   Bragg is a freshman with potential so he may have been used due to score opportunity.  Not  sure about Kissick.  We have other options they didn’t use due to the score.  

9 hours ago, twister31 said:

I think we'll be on bubble for regionals. I'm not sure Nebraska will ever sniff a CWS in the next 10+ years (2008 was last year I even thought about the possibility of neb in cws).

That said, if they can get things figured out quickly during non-con then we have a good chance of regionals I think. 

Sounds good; I just hear from too many part time fans who don’t know college baseball and have absurdly unreasonable expectations.

Personally, I would be disappointed if we’re just on the bubble; I have higher expectations for this squad.  Of course, a lot has to due with luck, you could lose a weekend starter or every day position player .  So with that, let’s hope Hallmark’s knee is OK.  

20 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

It also includes premium content, international and US soccer, college basketball/football/baseball, NHL, NBA, etc. on tons of out of market games.

All depends on your preference. Huge benefit for some, not so much for others.

I just bought the ESPN + about a month ago. I think they have some MLB games on the + side. I like to watch some of the not so prime time teams of the NCAA.

On 2/15/2020 at 12:11 AM, twister31 said:

Who thought Michigan would make the CWS last year.  They were the last team in the field and got hot at the right time.  Really, we were 1 out from a regional final.  

I would like to see us get a national seed with hosting a regional and super regional. 

6 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Who thought Michigan would make the CWS last year.  They were the last team in the field and got hot at the right time.  Really, we were 1 out from a regional final.  

I would like to see us get a national seed with hosting a regional and super regional. 

Florida State was also a "Last Four In" team that made a run to the College World Series.