2020 Baseball

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Pretty close @The Polish Rifle as you had the right 3 guys, just an entirely different order.

Awesome! 

Stroh has probably the lowest ceiling but highest floor. Been there and done that against B1G competition in the past. Should remind us of a Silva ace of years past, throw strikes, get outs.

Gomes has the highest ceiling. His stuff will be top 1% of the B1G when he's on. If he puts it all together, look out. Showed some guts in big games, against big time competition as a frosh.

Povich has the biggest question mark, but ceiling is still very high. Was unstoppable in a good JUCO league, so more battle tested than an incoming HS kid. Good history of throwing strikes and going deep into games. 

Edited by The Polish Rifle

4 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Listened to hail varsity on my home from work, The had Ken Hambelton talking about the Husker baseball team. He seems to think that the Huskers will finish higher than 4th. They also said that 14 Baylor players have been suspened over three games. I think that is what I heard. I know it was 14 players though.

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Listened to hail varsity on my home from work, The had Ken Hambelton talking about the Husker baseball team. He seems to think that the Huskers will finish higher than 4th. They also said that 14 Baylor players have been suspened over three games. I think that is what I heard. I know it was 14 players though.

Correct.  Baylor will suspend 14 players for Hazing.  However the suspensions are going to be broken out among the players over the course of the first three weeks of the season.  So "some", and we don't know which, players will be suspended for 2/3 of our games.  Then next week, a few more will sit out two games, then the following week a the last bit will sit out two games.

Just now, hskr4life said:

Correct.  Baylor will suspend 14 players for Hazing.  However the suspensions are going to be broken out among the players over the course of the first three weeks of the season.  So "some", and we don't know which, players will be suspended for 2/3 of our games.  Then next week, a few more will sit out two games, then the following week a the last bit will sit out two games.

Okay three weeks. I couldn't remeber which it was. I was driving to an appiontment and was half ass listening.

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Okay three weeks. I couldn't remeber which it was. I was driving to an appiontment and was half ass listening.

I kind of have a little eye roll with that suspension.  Splitting the games over three weeks and it isn't even a full series.  Meh.  Especially in baseball where you play so many games....

27 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Interested to hear from those that are legit optimistic vs. cautiously optimistic.  While we do have a lot coming back on offense, we lost a few arms and have a new coaching staff.  What makes you light vs cautiously optimistic.  I'm interested to see how this first series goes!

There is a ton of question marks, no sure things with that many question marks. But I think the coaches picking us 4th has a lot to do with what they think of Bolt. His teams were hell to deal with offensively in the B1G. I think Bolt + the guys we have coming back will be a recipe for instant success on offense. Pitching wise the pieces are there, but they need some things to go right. Stroh is proven in the B1G, Gomes has electric stuff, and Povich seems like a guy that can get outs and go deep in games, which is exactly what you need from a Sunday guy. Not far fetched to think pitching could be top half of the league and hitting could be top 3 in the league. Combine those and you have a regional team.

6 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Interested to hear from those that are legit optimistic vs. cautiously optimistic.  While we do have a lot coming back on offense, we lost a few arms and have a new coaching staff.  What makes you light vs cautiously optimistic.  I'm interested to see how this first series goes!

Cause I am Husker fan and I always think we are going to be good!🙂