2020 Baseball

Bugeaters1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 9:57 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraska baseball has been getting a bunch of Nebraskans to stay in state during the early stages of the Will Bolt era.

Mixed in with some Texas talent.  We still need to be able to recruit the South and a guy like Bolt will definitely help. Erstad relied far too much on Silva and it didn’t pay off. So far, this staff is getting it done on the recruiting trail. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

49 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Mixed in with some Texas talent.  We still need to be able to recruit the South and a guy like Bolt will definitely help. Erstad relied far too much on Silva and it didn’t pay off. So far, this staff is getting it done on the recruiting trail. 

Of course NU has to recruit nationally & regionally, but it's a great start to keep the instate talent intact, at Nebraska.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, HB said:

I’ll definitely take the unders on that.....meaning we’ll finish well above 8th.  

I think we will finish better than 8th also.  Haven't seen what others have coming back, but we should be a decent team this year.

This is everyone who is back that played a majority of games :

C - Hellstrom/Roskam

1B - Gomes/Roskam

2B - Hallmark

SS - Schwellenbach

3B - Chick

LF - Mojo

CF - Acker

RF - Palinsky

This doesn't include the freshmen or anyone else.

Weekend rotation I would like to see :

SP - Gomes  I would like to see him get the Friday starter spot.  He has Komine/Joba potential

SP - Perry

SP - Blessie

In this scenario Shay would probably be the closer. Plenty of arms to be excited about.  The season will depend on how the arms hold up throughout the season.  Also, probably why we are picked 8th since we lose our entire weekend rotation.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:38 PM, brfrad said:

I think we will finish better than 8th also.  Haven't seen what others have coming back, but we should be a decent team this year.

This is everyone who is back that played a majority of games :

C - Hellstrom/Roskam

1B - Gomes/Roskam

2B - Hallmark

SS - Schwellenbach

3B - Chick

LF - Mojo

CF - Acker

RF - Palinsky

This doesn't include the freshmen or anyone else.

Weekend rotation I would like to see :

SP - Gomes  I would like to see him get the Friday starter spot.  He has Komine/Joba potential

SP - Perry

SP - Blessie

In this scenario Shay would probably be the closer. Plenty of arms to be excited about.  The season will depend on how the arms hold up throughout the season.  Also, probably why we are picked 8th since we lose our entire weekend rotation.

I'd pencil in Povich into the rotation. 10-1 1.57 ERA at JUCO last year, 1st team JUCO All American, led JUCO in shutouts, and great K/BB ratio.