Who is your starting 5 and why?

caveman

This is mine

Miss Mershon cause I feel she is the best post defender

Miss Bourne cause I've seen enough tape to feel she is the most versital scorer down low

Miss Haiby cause she is the best at penetration and scoring off DP

Miss Brown athleticism and scoring versatility

Miss Eililey cause to much to write

I expect Miss Whitish will start in front Miss Haiby at the 1 and Miss Cain will start at the 5 in front of Miss Bourne.

to start the season:

Cain

Mershon

Brown 

Eililey

Whitish

depending on match-ups, could see Cain, Eililey, Brown, Haiby, and Whitish. it will be interesting to see if Bourne can crack the starting line-up. i expect she will get plenty of minutes no matter what. if she can, i would guess the line-up could be Cain, Bourne, Eililey, Brown, and Whitish. Haiby won't sit long, if at all.

I just don't see how we are not a top 25 team to end this year. We have 10 if not more people that can play. We should be able to run run run and switch the rotations every couple to few minutes.

I think it will be

Whitish

Kissinger

Eliely

Brown

Cain

and then I think we switch it up to

Haiby

Hudson

Verbeek

Bourne

Mershon

I would almost be ok with Bourne starting instead of Brown just for the reason that the second lineup would have the big group of Sophomores together and last year at times that is when we were the best!!! I am excited for this year. I feel there is a lot of potential.

6 minutes ago, Red Don said:

It's almost like throwing darts at a board, we are blessed to have such a depth of talent!  As noted in another post, I am looking for the WBB team to out-perform expectations this season after under-achieving last year because of inexperience.  

I too like our depth and look for a successful year.  I'm not sure the lack of success last year, was due to inexperience.  I feel we underachieved because Whitish, Cain, and Simon didn't perform up to expectations.  The inexperienced players carried their weight, and then some. (IMO).   Regardless, this year has plenty of potential.  Should be an enjoyable ride.

I start.....

Eliely - easiest pick of the bunch.

Cain  - can she stay out of foul trouble?  Show improvement from the soph season?

Whitish - has earned the benefit of the doubt.  Do we get the All BIG performer of 2 years ago, or not? 

Mershon - reminds me of Hailie Sample.   Steady, steady, steady.

Brown - base this on the over seas trip.  Could just as easily have been Kissinger.

I'll throw some crazy darts too.....

Think Coach will start with experienced players...like a couple of other posters here...

Cain. (may be her year to shine)

Mershon

Brown ...easy pick..will she be our most consistent scoring machine ?

Eilley

Whitish

Can we start 6 ?......Hailby is so good as the penetrating guard .......Seems like we have a full second string of very capable players....

Would love to be in to see the pre season practices. Another guess....Could be that Kissenger could start if her shooting picks up even more.

......and possibly Bourne is very close to starting......just depends how she fits into (and learns) the teams schemes early on. But may need some games to get used to everything....and the college game...even if she did play internationally.....could learn to be more aggressive at this level..

The freshmen:

I have no clue except for Bourne. Trinity Brady is kind of a sleeper at this point..has a good HS record/rating, and she's been healthy all this summer as far as I know. So her learning curve may be opportunistic for her.

Could go on and on....just fells like we have a good vibe this season. Coach has said she might take a somewhat different approach this year, so "we'll see". :Looks positive !

Edited by redsteve

redsteve 

Love your take on the freshman.  I have seen tons of tape and read tons of articles on Miss Bourne and Miss Helms.  I have seen so little on Miss Brady that she is a complete wild card to me.  The way I look at, anything positive she brings is a bonus

Hannah-  It would be nice for her to get some time at 2 Guard

Brown- She has to be on the floor

Nicea- defender

Mershon- necessary role player

Cain- I hope she has improved emotionally as much as physically.

Kissinger, Haiby, Verbeek, Bourne and the rest should provide quality depth.

My hope is that the staff will leave people on the floor if they are performing well and not fall into the pattern of substitution for rotation sake.

Brown - We need her offense , she can create her own shot plus can get to the line

Haiby - much the same as Brown

Eliely - Defense, can she be a reliable scorer?

Mershon - Defense and a great role player

Cain - She needs to be a consistent player this year. Less silly fouls and a reliable presence on the block

Bourne  - If Cain has not taken her game to the next level. Again need a presence on the block

NE needs to get off to a better start, less coming from behind. I think this group can get NE off to a good start

19 hours ago, Merlin said:

Kissinger?

just think Kissinger comes off the bench. she will get her minutes---can't leave that offense on the bench for long. same with Verbeek---unless her offense has proved to be more consistent, think she comes off the bench too. she does bring a resemblance of that RB43 attitude with her on the boards. really liked her last season---except for getting into foul trouble rather quickly.  no doubt there is some depth on the squad. 

Hannah-  It would be nice for her to get some time at 2 Guard
Brown- She has to be on the floor
Nicea- defender
Mershon- necessary role player
Cain- I hope she has improved emotionally as much as physically.

Kissinger, Haiby, Verbeek, Bourne and the rest should provide quality depth.

My hope is that the staff will leave people on the floor if they are performing well and not fall into the pattern of substitution for rotation sake.
I wouldn't hold my breath on leaving a player/s on the floor if doing well. I don't think that coach can let a player on the floor without subbing the out. It's not in her DNA to do that.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk