Nebraska Recruiting

Bugeaters1

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Nebraska Recruiting
  • 1 month later...

ex-Coyote coach Dawn P now at West Virginia is expected to come out and watch her a couple times. 

here's a quote from the Coyote board:

"Coming from the same area as and knowing the Koupal’s fairly well USD has a very good chance. “Why settle for being a star when you can be a legend”. Imo if Dawn stuck around she’d be a lock, so we’re going to need the new staff to prove itself. This is their recruit to lose at this point." 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

uhhhhhh..........the more i think about jazz, bourne, and haiby gone. it's scary. 😔

Everyone seems to be saying it’s a forgone conclusion that Bourne will not come back next year. I am holding out hope that Jaz may decide to return next season, especially with Australian Jessica Petrie coming in. Call it a long shot, call me delusional….I just have to hold out hope that Jaz comes back next year. 
But as I said on another post - if we lose Sam, Issie AND Jaz next year, no way will we be a better team next season than we were this season. (Not even with Allison W returning) Not with Amy and her staff’s history of under-developing the players on their roster, anyway. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2023 at 11:48 AM, 12dozen said:

Finding some future Huskers this weekend!

12dozen, would these recruiting trips by the coaching staff this weekend be exclusively pursuing current high school players or do you think they could also be visiting college basketball players who are currently in the transfer portal? 

1 hour ago, Neb Nets said:

12dozen, would these recruiting trips by the coaching staff this weekend be exclusively pursuing current high school players or do you think they could also be visiting college basketball players who are currently in the transfer portal? 

April 21 - 23 is a recruiting "Evaluation Period".   (Certified nonscholastic events only)  Looks like the staff will be watching high school age players compete.

Per the NCAA, "an evaluation period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the prospective student-athlete during an evaluation period".

Hope this helps.

there was a news segment discussing where future college students have a tendency to lean. nebraska along with a number of southern states (from texas to the east) where if you lean to the left, they are staying away from. according to the visual, nebraska was the only one in the middle of the country. just found it a little interesting........and not surprising. right leaning future students stay away from california and new york. idk, just some fodder to throw out there. 

I hate that we are living in such a politically divided culture that the political leanings of a 17 year old girl (left or right) would cause her to totally disregard attending and playing basketball for a major state university in a state like Nebraska. Or a state like California. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...