Nebraska Recruiting

Bugeaters1

On 11/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, 12dozen said:

Just read, Trey and Bryce McGowens have a little sister that is a freshman in high school.  Sounds like basketball comes naturally to her too.  Coach 

Williams might have an opportunity to get a recruiting head start with this young lady. I imagine the family will be in Lincoln quite a bit in the next couple 

of years, watching the boys play. Never too early to start working on the 2024 class. I would bet money, John Cook has been for awhile.

Both, the McGowens, mother and father, were college BBall players. Older siblings in major BBall colleges............This is the type of young player coaches die for.

Edited by redsteve

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

get the feeling huskers don't have a shot with Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda from SF Washington. some schools on her list include Oregon, Texas, UCLA, and Stanford. 

She eliminated the Huskers when she listed her top 10 on 11/4/20.

Edited by Red Don

• 2 weeks later...

watched Winner, SD's Bella Swedlund in the state tourney. there is no doubt she is a natural scorer. the question i have, is what could she give you defensively at this level? i've seen a partial list of her offers (a few were mentioned in an earlier post-Illinois the only big ten offer). what puzzled me a bit, Omaha is the only Summit League school that has offered (so far). if you watch her junior highlights, you will notice everything is on the offensive side of the ball, whether shooting or passing. which makes sense as, no doubt, it is her strength. she is an excellent ball handler. i can understand why huskers may have no interest.

i don't know her goals (bb or education) but i'm guessing she goes to a "lower level" DI school. it may be her best opportunity to get playing time. would love to see her be a Jackrabbit, but, as of today i have heard of no offer. maybe her size (5'8" is keeping a few away--plus, maybe defense?). she sure can shoot the 3, though.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8840280/604e9ce24ba9330178bdd7cc

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 7:48 AM, whoopdeedoo said:

watched Winner, SD's Bella Swedlund in the state tourney. there is no doubt she is a natural scorer. the question i have, is what could she give you defensively at this level? i've seen a partial list of her offers (a few were mentioned in an earlier post-Illinois the only big ten offer). what puzzled me a bit, Omaha is the only Summit League school that has offered (so far). if you watch her junior highlights, you will notice everything is on the offensive side of the ball, whether shooting or passing. which makes sense as, no doubt, it is her strength. she is an excellent ball handler. i can understand why huskers may have no interest.

i don't know her goals (bb or education) but i'm guessing she goes to a "lower level" DI school. it may be her best opportunity to get playing time. would love to see her be a Jackrabbit, but, as of today i have heard of no offer. maybe her size (5'8" is keeping a few away--plus, maybe defense?). she sure can shoot the 3, though.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8840280/604e9ce24ba9330178bdd7cc

Swedlund has given a verbal to Kansas. since she is from my home state, it will be interesting to how she does down at Kansas. she is a basketball junky---so, who knows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I was updating my WBB list of offers/prospects I started to wonder whether Texas and Oklahoma leaving the Big XII Conference might cause some WBB recruits to re-evaluate their prospects, particularly those considering Kansas & Iowa State.

Outside information, particularly offers, is admittedly hard to come by, but the only WBB Offers I am aware of are:
(i.e. those that have not committed elsewhere or already eliminated the Huskers)

(There Must be some others!   :Redface:)

2022 G, Callin Hake (MN) > committed to Nebraska
2022 PG Lexus Bargesser (MI) > Indiana

2023 G Macy Brown (MI)

2024 PG Brit Prince (NE)

---------------------------
Subsequently Edited to Add: (Both offered Sept 2020 & have several Div I offers)
2023 G, Emily Fischer, (IL)
2023 SG Katy Eidle, (IL)

Edited by Red Don

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Not surprised Minn is making progress. Good knowledgeable coach in Whalen, and one of the best recruiters around, in Shimmy. May be one of the best 4 or 5 teams in the league sooner than one might think.       

10 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Not surprised Minn is making progress. Good knowledgeable coach in Whalen, and one of the best recruiters around, in Shimmy. May be one of the best 4 or 5 teams in the league sooner than one might think.       

wasn't Sissoko(sp?), the transfer from Syracuse a 5* recruit? she played better the end of last year. if they stay healthy, i could definitely see them finishing around that 6 spot and make NCAA's.

6 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

As someone thats been following high school girls basketball here in MN for awhile, I dont think its ever been better. The 22 in state class is the best and deepest I have ever seen. Good year for the Gophers to break thru and land 4 of the top 5 top players in state. If they can keep it going they can build something special, the 23 class has 3 top 50ish players in the country and the 24 class has Olivia Olson and Liv Mcgill who are both 5 star type talents.

Edited by Husker22

• 3 weeks later...

Callin Hake is an athlete, Played several sports in HS. Will probably be a SG.   Top 100 player according to several sites...rated about 65-.70 or so.   From MInn .....perimeter shooter

https://www.ncsasports.org/womens-basketball-recruiting/minnesota/chanhassen/chanhassen-high-school1/callin-hake1

VIDEOS

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/callin-hake/TmSHSdPDEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/videos.htm?videoid=64e8d13f-1f1e-4001-b59d-7e207cb0bfec

CALLIN HAKE.jpg

Edited by redsteve
correction

16 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

You guys jaylen Reyes is teasing that there could be 1 more volleyball recruit.. If it's mendelson that would be huge

Texas fans have been tweeting how well she would fit into their VB & WBB teams.  Will be interesting where she ends up.