Nebraska Recruiting

Bugeaters1

19 hours ago, Husker22 said:

Taylor Mccabe will be committing to Iowa soon. I was told shes already told Iowa coaches her decision.

yep.....done deal. didn't bother copying. it's on twitter. ☹️

from LSJ:

"I definitely wanted to go play for a program that likes to win and is super competitive and has fun while doing it, and they definitely do that," McCabe said.

imo, i think the "super competitive" phrase is most likely the biggest obstacle facing the huskers at this time.

guess the Megan Gustafson era has really launched things at iowa. always had a pretty good history, but...some really good recruits coming in. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

from OWH:

"The coaching staff is phenomenal and I want to go somewhere I can win," McCabe said. "The head coach is Lisa Bluder and is going to be a future Hall of Famer for sure. They have two young guard coaches that are really good and I get along with really well."

well, hope things turn out different!😉

Edited by whoopdeedoo

3 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

The Iowa staff is proving themselves.  They discovered Gustafson in a tiny Wisconsin town and developed her.  They seem to develop their team and compete hard with less than stellar talent ( according to recruiting analysts). I think our platoon system steers top talent away.

you may be correct on that one. hope things change. like i have stated before, big season for this staff. as long as it takes place.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 11:39 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

i just happen to be reading and watching video on her. i see she has offers from Wisc, Minny, ISU, Iowa...plus, i believe SDSU offered her and, of course, the Huskers. i am sure she has more that i didn't see listed. 

watching the video, i see a lot of "Gustafson" in her. wonder with the Markowski commit, might be a long shot for the Huskers? the way Iowa develops posts, i could see them in the lead.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 4 weeks later...

A little more success on the court should do wonders for recruiting.   Getting transfers Nailah Dillard and Bella Cravens eligible to play this year along with Mi'Cole Cayton and incoming freshmen should go a long way to help provide a good supporting cast for our experienced returning players.  

:Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

Edited by Red Don

3 hours ago, Red Don said:

A little more success on the court should do wonders for recruiting.   Getting transfers Nailah Dillard and Bella Cravens eligible to play this year along with Mi'Cole Cayton and incoming freshmen should go a long way to help provide a good supporting cast for our experienced returning players.  

:Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

To bad we lost T Swish. She was due to have a good year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 2:27 PM, whoopdeedoo said:

wonder if huskers going after this player?: Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda

one of the most athletic players from south dakota

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ndjackalenga-mwenentanda/bMmGBPc7EeiAxKkkK9HIDg/default.htm

mom played for Old Dominion and played professionally overseas

let's see matt pronounce that name! lol

i noticed she is sitting at #24 for Hoopgurlz 2022

With the advent of the NCAA granting another year of eligibility to winter sports athletes we may not take too many new recruits in 2022.  If Kate plays another year we could have 17 players in 2021 with only one senior.  Granted not everyone will stay around due to injuries etc. but it sure does throw a wrench in the recruiting going forward for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Just read, Trey and Bryce McGowens have a little sister that is a freshman in high school.  Sounds like basketball comes naturally to her too.  Coach 

Williams might have an opportunity to get a recruiting head start with this young lady. I imagine the family will be in Lincoln quite a bit in the next couple 

of years, watching the boys play. Never too early to start working on the 2024 class. I would bet money, John Cook has been for awhile.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Rochester's Lillie Meister heading to Indiana (posted on her twitter account)

This was in the article in the post bulletin, dont look like she even considered Nebraska.

Meister, who’d also been offered by Minnesota but removed it from her list recently when a couple of players with similar skills committed there, had a group of four schools that she was considering: Kansas State, Illinois and Wisconsin the others.