Nebraska Recruiting

Bugeaters1

• 1 month later...
  • hhcmatt pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

wonder if huskers going after this player?: Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda

one of the most athletic players from south dakota

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ndjackalenga-mwenentanda/bMmGBPc7EeiAxKkkK9HIDg/default.htm

mom played for Old Dominion and played professionally overseas

let's see matt pronounce that name! lol

Edited by whoopdeedoo

19 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

wonder if huskers going after this player?: Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda

one of the most athletic players from south dakota

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ndjackalenga-mwenentanda/bMmGBPc7EeiAxKkkK9HIDg/default.htm

let's see matt pronounce that name! lol

If this is the one I've heard of I think she's a track distance runner too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

2022 Mara Braun, 6-0, G, Wazata HS, Plymouth, MN  > MINNESOTA

Do we have a Chance? (Teammate of Husker Commit Annika Stewart)

https://www.hometownsource.com/sun_sailor/sports/mara-braun-is-already-one-of-the-states-best-as-a-sophomore/article_736f42f8-6d3d-11ea-9832-6f5fd01892f6.html

On 5/7/2020 at 4:11 PM, Husker22 said:

Braun is the best player on the team, better than Stewart. She'd be on everyones radar if there was an aau season this summer. She's dang good.

Edited by Red Don

2 hours ago, Red Don said:

2022 Mara Braun, 6-0, G, Wazata HS, Plymouth, MN

Do we have a Chance? (Teammate of Husker Commit Annika Stewart)

https://www.hometownsource.com/sun_sailor/sports/mara-braun-is-already-one-of-the-states-best-as-a-sophomore/article_736f42f8-6d3d-11ea-9832-6f5fd01892f6.html

good find, Red Don! watched a couple of her games online. really, really like her game. idk, huskers have to start getting to ncaa---starting next season. i think she is going to get some really good offers before all is said and done.

Thanks Whoop!  but as much as I'd like to take credit, it wasn't me :Redface: .  It was someone I saw elsewhere that said we ought to go after Maya after watching the Wazata vs St Louis Park game clip.  I merely agreed; and hope we have a chance with her!  A good season this year could really help!  :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if they aren't, Huskers might want to take a serious look at Bella Swedlund from Winner, SD. " Bella Swedlund currently has offers from Illinois, Illinois State, Montana State, and Colgate." 

Sophomore stats: 5'9" sg/pg  

22 games

20.3 ppg

3.4 assists pg

7.2 reb pg

2.8 steals pg

.4 blocks pg

was watching some of her video. smooth looking 3pt shot---really smooth. can get to the hoop. don't think it is a stretch saying that she will get more attention. SDSU is kinda drooling over her, probably USD also. scuttlebutt is that she will probably go P5.

Bella's personal statement: "I want to find a team that my teammates are like sisters.  I also want to find a program that helps students get the best education possible and can also help me in basketball coaching skills for later in life."

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Thank you for all that you do r.e. WBB recruiting @whoopdeedoo:Salute:

The Dearth of recruiting news; or follow-up for WBB is Distressing!  (as pointed out by so many) 😬

For example Taylor McCabe who is from Fremont, NE, is a 'must-get' inho. What is happening in her recruiting?  I know coaching staff cannot discuss potential recruits, but surely someone must have an inkling of efforts to recruit her, or are any activity or efforts just like what we are hearing; Crickets?

> TO IOWA image.gif:(

Or how about  Mara Braun, 6-0, G, Wazata HS, Plymouth, MN and teammate of Husker Commit Annika Stewart.  Do we have any  Chance :Confused:

> TO MINNESOTA  :(

Bella Swedlund, as you mention, seems almost tailor-made for the Huskers WBB, talking about educational opportunities, and the number of players who we have placed in the "So You Want to be a Coach' program, and gone on to coaching careers.  :nod:

(No offer yet, as far as I know) :Signhuh:

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/bella-swedlund/ZvcDEbsOEeaAdqA2nzwY6g/default.htm

Edited by Red Don

thanks for the kind words, Red Don. i enjoy doing some digging on my days off (unfortunately, the covid situation helps a little as far as the opportunity TO dig a little more). 

as far as Mara Braun---jmo, but i'm not sure the huskers have the winning consistency it might take to get her on board. although, as you mentioned, not going to hurt to have Stewart be a spokesperson for the Big Red. not sure how close they are with each other. but.....ya never know.

completely agree with you on Taylor McCabe---"must-get" for this coaching staff.

when i saw that comment from Bella Swedlund, i thought, "ok, check that box!"  well, except that "sisters" part might not have worked out so well last season. i hope that changes here on out.

it does amaze me a bit that the huskers have such a great fan base that recruiting isn't covered more. i know very well coaches can't talk about names, but, one would think more names would get out there somehow. oh well, it is what it is, i guess. when it comes to other wbb forums, some discuss recruiting more than others---and many not at all. so........

Edited by whoopdeedoo

i noticed coach love and coach williams follow her twitter account. she just received an offer from SDSU.

Lily Krahn 

2022 • Point Guard, Shooting Guard, Small Forward 

5'10"

HEIGHT

140lbs

WEIGHT

F

Wisconsin Flight Elite Basketball

CLUB

Prairie du Chien

HIGH SCHOOL

Prairie du Chien, WI

HOME TOWN

also, coach love and coach williams following Lillian Meister 6'2" sf from Rochester John Marshall. offers from Louisville, Oregon, and SDSU (i believe both of her parents are from SDSU). it sounds like her offers are going to skyrocket. i heard she has Big Ten offers but were not given. just a guess, but would think at least Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin may have shown interest (since they are "local" schools).

coach love and coach mays following De Pere, Wisconsin's Jordan Meulemans (2022): 5'10" pg/sg 13ppg, 90%ft 

52% fg, 4 assists pg, 5'11" wingspan. has interest from a number of Big Ten schools---among many others.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

On 7/21/2020 at 9:28 AM, whoopdeedoo said:

if your interested, Bella Swedlund sophomore highlights...look at where she drains some of those 3's 😲

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8840280/5e752460dfd9da1a9cb5312d

fwiw, talking to a guy that knows one of SD sportswriters. brought up 3 names: (1) Bella Swedlund he heard her offers are rising fast. well over 20 but didn't know how many of those might be P5. (2) Hannah Ronsiek from Sioux Falls O'Gorman. she is getting a lot of attention also. her sister (Emma) is at Creighton and there is some mention she may join her---however, he stated some are saying she may want to pave her own way. (3) the gal from Sioux Falls Washington (Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda). arguably, one of SD's most athletic recruits in some time. stated the "buzz" on her has been kinda quiet for whatever reason. her mother played at Old Dominion and professionally. at one time, there were rumors she would probably head south for the warmer weather---but, he said those were just "rumors". he said a number of area P5 schools have shown interest not to mention others nationally.  

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Per Sam, OWH...

One of the top girl’s basketball scorers in the state of Minnesota committed to Nebraska’s 2022 class on Wednesday.

Chanhassen guard Callin Hake, who averaged 22.2 points per game last season as a sophomore and 20.4 points per game as a freshman, announced on Twitter she was committing to Nebraska. She has two more seasons of high school basketball to play, and she’s the first known commit for NU’s 2022 class.

The 5-foot-9 guard will join the team just as several guards, including Sam Haiby, would be graduating. NU has three guards 0151 Kendall Moriarty, Kendall Coley and Alison Weidner — set to sign in the 2021 class.