College Sports Madness top 44 previews......

whoopdeedoo

has begun if you are interested. iowa sitting at #39

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/womens-basketball/top-44-previews

as of Oct 11th:

#44 Princeton
#43 Oklahoma
#42 Gonzaga
#41 Drake
#40 Iowa State
#39 Iowa
#38 Georgia
#37 Purdue
#36 Missouri
#35 Clemson
#34 BYU
#33 Auburn
#32 Rutgers
#31 LSU
#30 Duke
#29 Michigan
#28 Boise State
#27 Indiana

Edited by whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

kinda figured there was a bit of sarcasm 😉

Big Ten so far:   Iowa #39  Purdue #37  Rutgers #32

Just hopping we move on from last year, and kind of think we will. Will have a much more experienced team, ....Coaches most experienced team...her recruits.

And on paper some good newbies coming in too. Getting closer to the season....won't be long. 60 days roughly. GBR !

Last season I think we underperformed, most likely because of inexperience, exacerbated by injuries to seasoned players.  I believe their not meeting expectations has resulted in the on-going  lack of interest and information in the media regarding the prospects of this year's WBB team.  I think this year we will out-perform expectations, just for the reasons enumerated by @redstevein the preceding post.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:35 AM, Red Don said:

Last season I think we underperformed, most likely because of inexperience, exacerbated by injuries to seasoned players.  I believe their not meeting expectations has resulted in the on-going  lack of interest and information in the media regarding the prospects of this year's WBB team.  I think this year we will out-perform expectations, just for the reasons enumerated by @redstevein the preceding post.

hope you are right. i just think the only newcomer that has a chance to see big minutes will be bourne. not sure about brady and with helms condition---???. 

also would add that maryland and osu are most likely locks for ncaa tourney---even with osu being very young. lotta talent brought in to osu. if the big ten is looking at possible 6 teams dancing, that leaves 12 teams fighting for the possible 4 spots. minny may be the next team that has the best shot of taking one of the spots. the rest may be pretty wide open.

On 10/12/2019 at 5:26 PM, caveman said:

With minnesota, ohio state and maryland still to come, that put us 9 at best in the league.  Sure these pundits are wrong.

9th? that would be a big disappointment---but, after a "small" handful of teams, i think the standings will be pretty wide open. imo, huskers will need to return to similar road play that they had during 2017-18 season. i believe they were 12-4 that season---and if play is as even as i expect it to be, winning road games will not come easy. so, anywhere from a 4-7 finish wouldn't really surprise me. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

38 minutes ago, caveman said:

I looked everything over and have us number 5 in league behind Maryland, Ohio State, Minnesota and Rutgers. May be wishful thinking, but I think we'll be in the dance.

expect Rutgers to be Rutgers---wreak havoc defensively and hope someone gets hot on offense. they have the one gal (name starts with "G" that averaged 12.1ppg but otherwise, offense is a ? right now). they do bring in a 6'4" freshman but not sure if she can break the starting lineup or even see many minutes. so, think they will be rather small. breakaway points might be a big part of their game (again).

Edited by whoopdeedoo

gophers are the college sports madness #23 pick.

while 6'2" T. Bello is very good around the boards, gophers are going to be fairly small. expect they will be relying on the perimeter, again. being rather guard heavy, mn will look to run the floor. hubbard (dnp last season, returns from a foot injury) and pitts will most likely be the main threats from the perimeter. brunson can get hot from 3 land, too. mn state tourney was available here in ne/sd and 5'10" freshman Sara Scalia was very impressive---she could get to the basket and drain the 3. if she is able to crack the lineup and get minutes, it should give mn another threat from 3 land. mn also landed a jc transfer (adeshchyk) who shot 38.6% from the perimeter and shot just under 80% at the ft line. soph staples came off bench last season and proved to be a scorer, so, no doubt mn should have shooting depth.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

10 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Creighton just won in double overtime over Concordia by 2 😳😳😳

Concordia is actually as pretty good team, but at a lower level of play. I thin they had well over 25 wins last year.

But Creighton lost a core group to graduation. And they had about a 50-50 record last year anyway...even though they've had our number a bit. 

They'll be more vulnerable this year, while we are on the upswing.

Edited by redsteve

4 hours ago, redsteve said:

Concordia is actually as pretty good team, but at a lower level of play. I thin they had well over 25 wins last year.

But Creighton lost a core group to graduation. And they had about a 50-50 record last year anyway...even though they've had our number a bit. 

They'll be more vulnerable this year, while we are on the upswing.

Yeah Concordia is pretty good.  national champs in their class of play

Yeah Concordia is pretty good.  national champs in their class of play

Concordia likes to play 14 players and I was reading on Twitter following the game they were saying that some of the Creighton players were cramping up late in the game

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk