top 2015 NE high school recruits

Row6Seat10

The Journal Star had a recent article on future Husker Jessica Shepard. Also mentioned was some of the other super sophomores in the state this season.

Maddie Simon - 6'1 pg from Pius X; 17 points per game 5.2 rebounds

colleges interests: Nebraska, Creighton, K-State, Oklahoma St, Maryland

Kianna Ibis - 6' F from Omaha Bensen; 20.2 points per game, 14.1 rebounds, 5.7 blocked shots and 3.7 steals per game. Already with a offer from Creighton.

college interests: Creighton, Nebraska, South Dakota St, North Dakota St, Oklahoma, Northern Iowa

Jaycee Bradley - 5'9 g from Norfork; 18.1 points per game, 7.8 rebounds per game. She's sidelined now with injuries.

college interests: Nebraska, Creighton, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota

Jay Bridgeman 6'1 F from Omaha Westside; Averages 14 points per game, 7.4 rebounds

college interests: Minnesota, Drake, Northern Iowa

I've heard that Lindsey Moore is her role model.  Simon has been at Husker games - I think she would like to be a Husker in a few years!  Her mom was a Husker Track All-American.  Good kid, good family.

She plays at Lincoln East tonight at 7:30.  I plan to attend and check out her game.  Saw her long jump and run track previously, but look forward to watching her hoop.

Went to Simon's game last night.  East's performance was pretty pathetic, so it was hard to get a feel for Simon's game.  She didn't get to play much in the second half because of the blowout.  She didn't play the point.  Also, East played zone most of the game.  Maddie has good length, and moves well.  She will need to get stronger to play at the BCBS level, but she's only a sophomore.  Good passer.  Looked good driving the ball on a couple of occasions.  The outside shot will need some work.  Nothing jumped off the page and said "she's a bigtime player" (unlike watching 5 minutes of Jess Shephard as a freshman), but again, the competition may have had a lot to do with that. Couldn't tell if she will be able to defend at the point--her on ball D looked good, but she wasn't having to guard super quick players.  Perhaps we'll get a better look in the district final and at State. 

I agree, the East game probably wasn't the best game to get a good look at Simon.  My daughter is a freshman at East - they have some good freshman and sophomores that will make the school more competitive hopefully starting next year.

Maddie will continue to develop.  She works hard in the summers, too.  Hopefully some weight lifting will help her out.

• 4 months later...

A somewhat funny story from the East-Pius game:  Vince Marrow was there to watch his daughter, who plays for Pius.  He wanted to be sure he wore his new University of Kentucky gear.  Unfortunately, that is the same colors as his daughter's team's opponent. 

Coming across as a disloyal turncoat doesn't appear to be too high on his list of worries.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that Simon and Ibis have offers and I assume the Page sisters are a package deal... 2015 could be shaping up into a great class. Crazy thing is .. They have 2 years of hs left

Jess Shepherd is already a commit for 2015, so don't forget that.

Shepherd, Simon, the other Page sister if that happens.  And we've barely travelled outside the borders of Nebraska.

First, just wanted to say on Norms last post I accidentally hit some red arrow on the bottom right corner.  Wasn't trying to rate the post or give it a score positive or negative. Not sure how to "undo" that mistake or I would.  I don't post stuff much so thought it was a reply arrow.

Second, I wouldn't assume Paige sisters are a package deal.  Might well both end up at NU, but I think assuming they will is a mistake. I think leaders for Lanie are likely NU, KU, OSU, Texas Tech in no particular order. Just my guess.

First off Norm, who is Jess? Is she any good? Kidding.... She is the center piece of the signing class and Gatorade POY.

From what I've heard she & Simon stay in touch. She could be a great recruiting tool to other recruits, and I think it's only a matter of time til the class gets it's second commit.

Secondly, kansashusker where did you throw that list of schools together from? I think the younger Page sister would be crazy not to go 'N'!!

I'm aware the Page sisters grew up KU fans but I've also been told thru the grapevine that their dad mentioned to Connie that he wanted his daughters at the same school. I would bet you a slice of val's pizza she follows her sister here. GBR!

Secondly, kansashusker where did you throw that list of schools together from? I think the younger Page sister would be crazy not to go 'N'!!

I'm aware the Page sisters grew up KU fans but I've also been told thru the grapevine that their dad mentioned to Connie that he wanted his daughters at the same school. I would bet you a slice of val's pizza she follows her sister here. GBR!

I hope your right Doc and she decides to follow her sister to NU but from what I've been hearing I'm afraid kansashusker might be on to something. Lanie just got back a few weeks ago from doing the Texas Tech elite camp. they offered her and as a result the Lady Raiders are now one of her leading schools.

Lanie was also in Lincoln for the Husker elite camp. I believe this is when she received her offer also.. Unfortunately she was out all 3 days with injury. I don't follow the big 12 much anymore but I do know Lubbock is not where I would want to spend 4 years of college.

I still say she comes to NU... "family first"

Lanie was also in Lincoln for the Husker elite camp. I believe this is when she received her offer also.. Unfortunately she was out all 3 days with injury. I don't follow the big 12 much anymore but I do know Lubbock is not where I would want to spend 4 years of college.

I still say she comes to NU... "family first"

Anyone remember that Mac Davis song "Happiness was Lubbock, Texas in my rearview mirror."

• 3 weeks later...