2021 Recruits

Bugeaters1

Someone we've talked about numerous times.....

Kalynn Meyer (6-3) of Superior won the Nebraska girls Athlete Of The Year award from Omaha World Herald.  It was an easy choice. third year in a row...first time in Ne. history. 

(read the OWH article if you can)

NU volleyball recruit of course. Her HS 1,882 kills is a class c-2 record   Nationally ranked Discus thrower...and in the shot.. on a rare, rare level at the discus.

May well  be one of the best Nebraska female athletes ever. Could have played at UNL in either of the three sports..(volleyball, basketball, track - UNL offered in all 3)

WOW

kaylnn meyer.jpg

Edited by redsteve

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Red Don said:

HOLY MOLY!!!  Thanks @Bugeaters1

Where did this come from?  From Out-of-the-Blue?

Really !    Just what we need a big !

Can't find a lot about her. Some videos looks like she's pretty active in the paint. 

Interesting video on her history. She;s been around even n H.S.

https://www.wtap.com/content/sports/Tatiana-Popa-Joins-the-Parkersburg-Lady-Big-Reds-566858861.html

4 hours ago, HUD said:

This class of four recruits looks like it could be a rated class.  If everyone stays and with Kate graduating we will have 16 players including walk-on Whitney Brown.  Maybe with that number available we can do  more pressing on defense.

Can't have more than 15 on roster by B1G and NCAA rules in any given year, so something would have to change. Pretty sure the staff is aware, and have something in mind already. They know something we don't know....redshirt ?

Edited by redsteve

27 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Can't have more than 15 on roster by B1G and NCAA rules in any given year, so something would have to change. Pretty sure the staff is aware, and have something in mind already. They know something we don't know....redshirt ?

I don't think Brown counts against the 15 as a walk on.  I think 15 is the scholarship number only.

I realize there's a 15 scholarship on roster limit, plus walk ons....but like I said don't think more than 15 individuals can play in a game. I've seen men's teams that have 5 or 6 walk on's, but they can't all play in an individual game....right?. 

Otherwise you could have who knows how many players play every game, if you had enough bodies. Can;t find a clear explanation looking quickly.

Edited by redsteve

19 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Well nice to see the staff step up in recruiting. Was hoping we could get another true center to replace Kate.

i am cautiously optimistic with Tatiana. i did not see where she had any rankings. we all know rankings aren't perfect, but, they are there for a reason. hopefully, between her father and the coaches she can develop into a force. time will tell. GBR!

25 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i am cautiously optimistic with Tatiana. i did not see where she had any rankings. we all know rankings aren't perfect, but, they are there for a reason. hopefully, between her father and the coaches she can develop into a force. time will tell. GBR!

Next Sports Phenom has her as the #24 player of the class. Not sure how legit that site is though. Prep Girls Hoops has her as #5 for West Virginia

6 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Next Sports Phenom has her as the #24 player of the class. Not sure how legit that site is though. Prep Girls Hoops has her as #5 for West Virginia

hadn't heard of Next Sports Phenom...thanks for the tip. i see they also list her at 6' 7"😳

went to the FAQ for NSP...i see they consider themselves a regional service covering Virginia, Maryland, and District of Columbia. they do have national contributors.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Maybe a little late, but I have to say through all this turmoil of the last year or so, with the... kind of eye opening transfers out...and all the newbies  coming in.....

This may well turn out as a nice step up. Long way to go to see it through to fruition, but sure looks like we're getting our act together recruiting. Next year may depend a little, on if we're able to play Cravens for example... and the other transfers on the court. Can't wait to see our next true big....one page had her at 6-7...maybe that means she'll grow a bit more by the time she gets here :)

Sure looking forward to next season. 

Edited by redsteve