2021 Recruits

Bugeaters1

Gerry, Farniok's, and now Pai (sp?)....nice to see huskers entering the fray. sioux falls always seemed to be connected to the hawkeye's for some reason. maybe because okoboji is so close. when i lived near and in sioux falls always saw a lot of hawkeye flags/plates. been changing in the last decade.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

52 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

just stumbled across this on another site: sioux falls washington's Sydni Shetnan received an offer from Nebraska. she's a 6' 5" post and is pretty athletic. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/sydni-schetnan/4YKFc5yoEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/default.htm

Offers from Kansas, Nebraska, Kansas St, Indiana St, NDSU

She's not as grounded as Kate is then. 

On 1/13/2020 at 12:23 PM, whoopdeedoo said:

just stumbled across this on another site: sioux falls washington's Sydni Shetnan received an offer from Nebraska. she's a 6' 5" post and is pretty athletic. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/sydni-schetnan/4YKFc5yoEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/default.htm

Do you have a link reporting the offer Whoop?  (Maxpreps doesn't seem to mention any offers.)

UPDATE: 

2021 Sydni Shetnan, 6-5 C, Sioux Falls (Washington HS) SD - Offered > Louisville

Edited by Red Don

19 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Do you have a link reporting the offer Whoop?  (Maxpreps doesn't seem to mention any offers.)

ok, i am going by the sdsu jackrabbit site: guess we have to take it fwiw

quote:
"Sydni Schetnan (2021) - SF Washington: Offers from Kansas, Nebraska, Kansas St, Indiana St, NDSU. Sydni is 6'5 and very athletic so I wouldn't be surprised to see some more P5 offers come in. Very good volleyball player as well." 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

There's something golden in 6"-5"

19 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

ok, i am going by the sdsu jackrabbit site: guess we have to take it fwiw

quote:
"Sydni Schetnan (2021) - SF Washington: Offers from Kansas, Nebraska, Kansas St, Indiana St, NDSU. Sydni is 6'5 and very athletic so I wouldn't be surprised to see some more P5 offers come in. Very good volleyball player as well." 

Is she also getting vball offers, do you know?

https://twitter.com/KrisDorroh/status/1219470393582292997?s=20   🤞🏻

reading that her parents "live" bb------get a feeling this one might be tough to pull away from az (or the sw, maybe i should say).....but, ya never know.

just noticed texas is the only one of her 5 final choices from the s/sw. maybe a better shot than i thought?

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wonder if someone much more familiar with husker wbb recruiting could answer a couple of questions? which areas are assigned to the staff? namely, minnesota. there is a lot of talent in that state (haiby, for example). a person would think recruiting there would have some built in advantages (playing in the big ten would be advantageous for family and friends as far as seeing some games, etc). msu, mich, and especially wisc are very well known to show up in minny. of course, getting to ncaa on a fairly consistent basis would greatly help matters. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

wonder if someone much more familiar with husker wbb recruiting could answer a couple of questions? which areas are assigned to the staff? namely, minnesota. there is a lot of talent in that state (haiby, for example). a person would think recruiting there would have some built in advantages (playing in the big ten would be advantageous for family and friends as far as seeing some games, etc). msu, mich, and especially wisc are very well known to show up in minny. of course, getting to ncaa on a fairly consistent basis would greatly help matters. 

Recruiting is an issue that needs some addressing by someone that has knowledge beyond what we're  privy to here.  We have some good ones on the roster for sure, but need an upgrade apparently as we move along in the B1G, to be more competitive. Coach Amy will next year, have all her own recruits on the roster.

We're missing out on some fairly close proximity women's BBall recruits, both the men's and women's teams....an uphill battle. The football team has made substantial strides, and placed a huge effort in that regard. 

Even our Volleyball team doesn't get everybody. But does snag top 25 rated recruits regularly.

Playing on winning teams makes a difference to recruits. Double edged word...got to win in order to get top recruits. But hard to win while in the development mode.

Tremendous competition in the recruiting wars, in all the sports. Would give me ulcers :) 

Edited by redsteve

22 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Recruiting is an issue that needs some addressing by someone that has knowledge beyond what we're  privy to here.  We have some good ones on the roster for sure, but need an upgrade apparently as we move along in the B1G, to be more competitive. Coach Amy will next year, have all her own recruits on the roster.

We're missing out on some fairly close proximity women's BBall recruits, both the men's and women's teams....an uphill battle. The football team has made substantial strides, and placed a huge effort in that regard. 

Even our Volleyball team doesn't get everybody. But does snag top 25 rated recruits regularly.

Playing on winning teams makes a difference to recruits. Double edged word...got to win in order to get top recruits. But hard to win while in the development mode.

Tremendous competition in the recruiting wars, in all the sports. Would give me ulcers :) 

Yeah, this is where we really miss Row 6, as well as in general.  I loved being able to look at the recruiting capsules that he put together as far as who we (NU) were looking at

Edited by mwm89

7 hours ago, mwm89 said:

Yeah, this is where we really miss Row 6, as well as in general.  I loved being able to look at the recruiting capsules that he put together as far as who we (NU) were looking at

Maybe wcan talk KansasHusker into being the recruiting GURU!!!

On 11/20/2019 at 2:14 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

Humphrey St. Francis Allison Weidner commits to Nebraska.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Went to Weidner’s game tonight.   Hard to evaluate because she plays in D2 and the competition is weak.

She’s a really good player.   Good length for a point guard.  Unbelievable passer with great court vision.   Not a great shooter; all of her points we’re in the paint.   She’s a lefty.   Went 1-4 at the line down the stretch. 😳. Will need to get stronger.  Overall, I can see what the coaches were thinking, but i not sure she’s a Power 5 point guard.   

Edited by HB

I saw her today too.  I certainly agree that evaluation is difficult given the players around her.  But I am a bit more positive. Remember, she is 16 or 17 so she can get stronger. Tougher too.  Regardless of the competition at D2, she appears to have the passing skills that UNL has lacked since Lindsay and Rachel departed. I think she can give BIG opponents coaches something they won't enjoy reckoning with.