Ouedraogo

dskurz

Think itll be entirely fine, but the lack of contact of yvan with the team both in decisions and travel arrangements early in his time here is concerning. However, I have a feeling he was this summer just in a process of enjoying his last months of French culture and immersion with that national team. Any cultural change is always hard, I can confirm from experience. I gotta give the kid some leniency. he isnt even here yet. Ideally we like to see kids on campus ASAP to get acclimated and into the system, thru culture shock ( esp in yvan's case), but I'm just happy to have any highly talented kid in lincoln like him. Just get him here, make him feel welcome, and try to get used to Nebraska life (the good life). Get another teammate to bring him out for runzas this fall/winter. He'll be fine! #GBR

15 hours ago, throwback said:

A few weeks ago, Coach told the World-Herald that he may be a few days late for the start of classes. 

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/fred-hoiberg-pleased-with-huskers-progress-camaraderie-from-good-but/article_57751579-5a76-55ea-b939-7ee0d0df8e08.html  (paywall)

As long as Yvan is around by the start of his 2nd week of school, he should be good to go with his classes. It would be best if he's around before this weekend, get the culture shock out of the way with a Husker football game under his belt before attending classes full-time.

Even at, what 285,000 these days, I’m sure young Yvan is use to MUCH larger metro areas. He’ll mainly be on campus, I get that, and Nebraskans are friendly to a fault, but Lincoln doesn’t just have a “small town” vibe it is small. Another point to ponder, he’s SO young, does he even know who Dwayne Wade is?