Countdown to NU Hoops

Without looking it up, I’d venture to guess that’s the biggest spread we’ve had in a LONG, long time... Anyway, there was a nice write up in the LJS today about Rick Ross & all the Husker Hoops “hype” If College Gameday IS in town for the Buckeyes, any chance Corso makes it over to PBA?

On 8/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, Handy Johnson said:

That might seem like a big number until you see the Husker line over South Alabama is 36...

Sadly the weather forecast is looking about as good this year for the first game as it did last year. it's a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms Saturday morning.  

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the Buckeye game has been scheduled for Saturday night, you can bet yer a** "Game Day" will be in Lincoln. They haven't had a chance to genuflect to THE Ohio St. University yet this season and will gladly do so since the "N" helmet still carries a brand when it comes to the TV. It's shaping up to be a real rip-snorter of a weekend right here in the Star City! Hoops, then knock off those pompous dilweeds that the BTN is named after...

14 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Now that the Buckeye game has been scheduled for Saturday night, you can bet yer a** "Game Day" will be in Lincoln. They haven't had a chance to genuflect to THE Ohio St. University yet this season and will gladly do so since the "N" helmet still carries a brand when it comes to the TV. It's shaping up to be a real rip-snorter of a weekend right here in the Star City! Hoops, then knock off those pompous dilweeds that the BTN is named after...

I am a little worried by the Utah/WSU game, but noticed that it was set for a 7 PM Local K.O. on FS1.  Not even a "prime time" game.

Sorry to notice the elephant in the room but there is a good chance we could lay another gigantic egg on national tv now. This seems eerily familiar to the last time Gameday was here in 2007 when Will Farrell and USC were our guests. That was the last time my wife accompanied me to a game and since we sat right next to the USC band she had their fight song memorized by halftime it had been played so often. She has not returned to a game since, so if we should win, I will happily certify her as a jinx.