Why I'm Excited/Why I'm Concerned

Guys I think this year could be very good if the team gels.  Think we have upgraded and we HAVE to shoot better from beyond the arc.  But as I've said, until it happens (and I am not saying it won't) I am going to temper my excitement.  

I really want to change my avatar but not until we win a tournament game.

this is a relatively rare, total re-model of a program. That's not going to happen instantly. 

We're in one of the toughest conferences in the country. 

I think you temper expectations naturally. I'm content to just see what plays out in the first two months.

I do think that if this roster has any ambition of making a 2020-21 run in the tourney, they'll likely need to be an NIT caliber squad by the end of season 1. 

You can tell I was never big on shaking the Xmas presents to guess what was in them, eh? :) 

My only concern, and its not a very big one, is the roster management. No matter how you shake it JUCOs struggle in D1 and if they become impactful its not usually until the second part of the season or year two. Also, on paper, our freshmen class isnt anything to write home about (Im trusting the staffs evaluating). Add in that every other player hasnt played P5 basketball (sorry Haanif, im busy taking shots at Creighton and the Big East) at all or in a meaningful role and it could concern some that so many scholarships are tied up for so long.

But once again im trusting Hoiberg and his judgement so its not a huge concern of mine.