Prospects for '19-'20

I'm optimistically cautious. I need to see Yvan first. They need him to be somewhat productive on defense and the glass. I think we'll be able to score and defend on the perimeter. The 4 man rotation up front is what I'm watching. And I believe Cross/arop are battling for that last spot off the bench. Love Cross's potential. But hes a project in the big ten right now. 

We can honestly finish anywhere from 6-11. There's so many variables that will tie in. 

My rose colored glasses have dimmed over the past several years.  I want to be optimistic, but instead, I find myself in the wait and see category. 

-  I am hopeful we can be a good defensive team as we "appear" to be athletic, but can they learn to play together.  We also seem to like an eraser type that could have helped cover mistakes. 

-  We seem to be deep, yet is that depth made up of high level Division I talent?  Not sure yet, but I am somewhat optimistic that we may have much better depth than last year.

-  The coaching staff seems to be high level, but is that me being hopeful?  Are we now on par, or even better than most high profile programs?

-  Can we overcome our lack of size?

-  Will we be a hot and cold offensive team.  Can we consistently score and win?  Especially on the road?

So, shoot the boot.  I want to be optimistic; I would even take being cautiously optimistic; but I need to see the product on the floor.  I need to see us winning loose ball battles.  I need to see us winning battles for rebounds.  I need to see teammates supporting teammates.  I need to wait and see.

5 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

My rose colored glasses have dimmed over the past several years.  I want to be optimistic, but instead, I find myself in the wait and see category. 

-  I am hopeful we can be a good defensive team as we "appear" to be athletic, but can they learn to play together.  We also seem to like an eraser type that could have helped cover mistakes. 

-  We seem to be deep, yet is that depth made up of high level Division I talent?  Not sure yet, but I am somewhat optimistic that we may have much better depth than last year.

-  The coaching staff seems to be high level, but is that me being hopeful?  Are we now on par, or even better than most high profile programs?

-  Can we overcome our lack of size?

-  Will we be a hot and cold offensive team.  Can we consistently score and win?  Especially on the road?

So, shoot the boot.  I want to be optimistic; I would even take being cautiously optimistic; but I need to see the product on the floor.  I need to see us winning loose ball battles.  I need to see us winning battles for rebounds.  I need to see teammates supporting teammates.  I need to wait and see.

Pretty much how I am. I'm cautiously optimistic but there's a lot of things we need to see first. How pieces X, Y, and Z fit into certain spots and who plays the best together etc. 

I mean I basically convince myself every year that this is the year we make the tourney and get our first win. So I can’t imagine this year will be any different. Now where that means we end up in the final standings of the BIg Ten I am not sure. I'll say 6th with the Big Ten being a 6 bid conference and this is the year we get our 1st tourney win. See how easy it is for me to get there 😃