Nebraska (0-0) vs Stella Azzurra Basketball Academy (Unknown) Game Thread

hskr4life

9 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else see KCross as more of a forward.  Man that shot is smooth and he has some moves.

Yeah he's more naturally a 4. More or less being forced to play the 5 due to need. Walker and Yvan next year at the 5 will ideally move cross back to the 4

37 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I take it we won.  Whatever that means

Perhaps the gelato will taste better tonight 

Doesn't mean much.

One thing to keep in mind is when Creighton went to Italy in 2015, they were beating teams by 60 or 70 points and we only won by 30 today, so...

Edited by 49r

46 minutes ago, 49r said:

Doesn't mean much.

One thing to keep in mind is when Creighton went to Italy in 2015, they were beating teams by 60 or 70 points and we only won by 30 today, so...

• The difference is I really couldn't give a flying "Fill in the blank" about Creighton and anything they do.
  • Also I don't give a rats "Fill in the blank" about what happened 4 years ago

Its so nice to have a little basketball to hold us over until football kicks off... which eventually leads into basketball tipping off lol.

Probably nothing you can take away from this game that is really concrete. We are down three players (Ouedraogo, Mack, Arop) who will contribute next year. And played Dalano Banton who is ineligible. The important thing is we got game like reps against outside competition and no one got hurt. The next club we play is suppose to be pretty stiff competition.

Also, s/o to Thor getting the start. He probably wont ever be the leading scorer but I keep hearing about how much better the ball moves when hes on the court and that hes always making the "smart play". 

The thing that jumped out to me the most is, even though I'm thrilled that Doc is back in town, he should never again wear an untucked white polo with shorts out in public. At this point in his life and for many of the rest of us, that is not a look he can pull off any more.

Edited by Dean Smith

Trying to not read too much into these exhibition games. But the main things that stood out. 

-Cross has skill. We all knew that. We just weren't sure how much was going to translate to D1. It's been smooth so far. He'll contribute this year likely, but he still needs to work on his conditioning. That's the key for making the next level for him (which is the main reason he came here according to him)

-We're getting to see who can run the team if Mack is down for some unforeseen reason. It's a platoon right now with Green, Burke, and Curtis. 

-Yvan will be a huge lift to the team on the boards. If not grabbing them at least throwing a body on the opposing trans biggest guy. 

-burke will be my favorite player this year. Saw a chasedown block and he can draw fouls (thank JPJ). 

I already love this team. They played like shit early which is to be expected. Saw long stretches that reminded me of the old Doc teams on defense except with more talent. 

They at times reminded me of Fred's ISU teams with beautiful ball movement. I'm not going to knock Timmy but you can already see the contrast offensively. Not only did they move it around well they can shoot the rock. It's so refreshing to see.

Would like to see them finish around the rim better. We probably left 10 or so points off the board.

Overall I'll take a 30 point win anyday regardless of competition.  Not going to make any prediction for the season because who cares. Its year 1 give us a team that we can be proud of and this squad certainly did that today. Go get em boys!

3 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

I already love this team. They played like shit early which is to be expected. Saw long stretches that reminded me of the old Doc teams on defense except with more talent. 

They at times reminded me of Fred's ISU teams with beautiful ball movement. I'm not going to knock Timmy but you can already see the contrast offensively. Not only did they move it around well they can shoot the rock. It's so refreshing to see.

Would like to see them finish around the rim better. We probably left 10 or so points off the board.

Overall I'll take a 30 point win anyday regardless of competition.  Not going to make any prediction for the season because who cares. Its year 1 give us a team that we can be proud of and this squad certainly did that today. Go get em boys!

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HUSKERBILL85?

Very glad to hear that Kavas looks bigger and more athletic than what we thought coming in. That could be huuuuuuuuuge!

Front court (aside from sheer chemistry) is my biggest concern. If Kavas is closer to a real Big Ten stretch 4 than we thought that allows us much more leeway to mix and match at the 5 with Yvan Ouedraogo, Kevin Cross, and Shamiel Stevenson.

11 minutes ago, khoock said:

Very glad to hear that Kavas looks bigger and more athletic than what we thought coming in. That could be huuuuuuuuuge!

Front court (aside from sheer chemistry) is my biggest concern. If Kavas is closer to a real Big Ten stretch 4 than we thought that allows us much more leeway to mix and match at the 5 with Yvan Ouedraogo, Kevin Cross, and Shamiel Stevenson.

He reminded me a lot of a Sam Dekker but one who could move a little better/quicker than the original.