Nebraska (0-0) vs Stella Azzurra Basketball Academy (Unknown) Game Thread

hskr4life

29 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

He reminded me a lot of a Sam Dekker but one who could move a little better/quicker than the original.

You are saying he can move better than Dekker?  I would be ecstatic if that is the case.  Dekker was a hell of an athlete.  I didn't picture that being the case here.  

25 minutes ago, royalfan said:

You are saying he can move better than Dekker?  I would be ecstatic if that is the case.  Dekker was a hell of an athlete.  I didn't picture that being the case here.  

Sorry, but I don't see that at all hskr4life

He can shoot lights out, and can sink some ugly stuff close to the rim.  There was a hook shot that got him his 8th point that screamed I......... am......... SLOW.  Then the layup attempt in the 3rd quarter almost made me look athletic again.  Kavas is a weapon for shooting, but him and the word quicker don't belong in the same sentence.

27 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I don’t see it at all. Dekker stuck in the league for a handful of years because of his fluid athleticism and length. He’s put several dudes on posters, but he’s never been a good shooter.

Some takeaways from Chris Heady via the Pick Six Podcast (last 10 min):

- He gave the MVP to Shamiel Stevenson. Says he really likes his game, size, and physicality. He could see him starting at the 3, 4, or 5 (depending on the type of starting lineup Hoiberg goes with). Staff feels good about their chances to get him eligible for game one.

- Jervay Green was a close second for MVP

- Hoiberg substituted like line changes in hockey (Green, Burke, Cheatham, Thorbjarnarson, Kavas --> Curtis, Thorbjarnarson/Easley, Banton, Stevenson, Cross)

- A lot of players on the team have that scoring mentality. Players getting the ball and immediately attacking the basket instead of moving it around finding open 3s

- Hoiberg is apparently very honest when describing the team as they played exactly how he has said. Very confident and lots juice when things are going well but when they take a turn they tend to shut down

*I was unable to catch the livestream so i didnt personally see the game

16 hours ago, khoock said:

Some takeaways from Chris Heady via the Pick Six Podcast (last 10 min):

Another thing I meant to add was Heady said the team went for a lot of steals and were very aggressive with their reach ins. He doesnt think they will get away with as much of that from B1G officiating.

46 minutes ago, khoock said:

Another thing I meant to add was Heady said the team went for a lot of steals and were very aggressive with their reach ins. He doesnt think they will get away with as much of that from B1G officiating.

That was something I was thinking about when I was reading about all the break-away steals from the likes of Samari.