Starters for the first game in Italy

khoock

Anyone wanna make predictions on the starting five of our first game overseas? We know Dalano Banton and Derrick Walker are in and Cam Mack and Yvan Ouedraogo are out.

Gimme 

- Dalano Banton

- Dachon Burke 

- Haanif Cheatham

- Shamiel Stevenson 

- Derrick Walker

1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

I think Thor might break the starting lineup since I'm sure there will be plenty of mix-and-match playing time to go around.

I believe we will see a different starting lineup each game. I also think we will see minutes fluctuating between games.

I dont think the goal is to solidify the rotation or winning. I think these four games are about mixing matching lineups and giving players extended opportunities without any significant consequences.

58 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I have no flippin clue who starts, minutes played, who finishes, the leading scorer, the best defender, the best rebounder, etc.  

I guess time will tell.

Wouldnt be surprised if the coaches dont have all 5 spots solidified for game 1. Likely doesnt matter as it will prob change from game to game and by the start of the season. But guessing is fun.

Just for the Europe trip...the first line up could be... 

1)  Burke  -          Either 1 or a 2 he will be a pain for the other team where ever he plays. 

2)  Thor  -            Going with prior experience/international experience here.     This will change through time.   

3)  Cheatum  -    Good defense, good offense & good leadership.   Sounds like a starter

4)  Kavas  -         Coaches said he moves the ball well & his shooting history is established

5)   Stevenson    Matchup issue  for other team.   We will see who this favors. 

I decided to not  start Blanton or Walker as they have to redshirt this year.  They will get some minutes but I think they will try and prep&favor the guys that are eligible to play this year.  I think Green will start instead of Thor in the 2nd game.   

13 hours ago, REDitus said:

Just for the Europe trip...the first line up could be... 

1)  Burke  -          Either 1 or a 2 he will be a pain for the other team where ever he plays. 

2)  Thor  -            Going with prior experience/international experience here.     This will change through time.   

3)  Cheatum  -    Good defense, good offense & good leadership.   Sounds like a starter

4)  Kavas  -         Coaches said he moves the ball well & his shooting history is established

5)   Stevenson    Matchup issue  for other team.   We will see who this favors. 

I decided to not  start Blanton or Walker as they have to redshirt this year.  They will get some minutes but I think they will try and prep&favor the guys that are eligible to play this year.  I think Green will start instead of Thor in the 2nd game.   

I went with Banton as PG bc Mack wont be playing and Derrick Walker bc we need a big (maybe im thinking too conventional) and have heard he is physically imposing. 

I would actually prefer if Banton and Walker didn't play. Prep the kids that are gonna suit up and win us games this year.

Edited by khoock

11 hours ago, khoock said:

I went with Banton as PG bc Mack wont be playing and Derrick Walker bc we need a big (maybe im thinking too conventional) and have heard he is physically imposing. 

I wouldnt actually prefer if Banton and Walker didn't play. Prep the kids that are gonna suit up and win us games this year.

Very reasonable stance.  Following that line of thinking could also give you..

Burke

Cheatham

Stevenson

Kavas

Cross

Shoot - I think I like this lineup the best.  Lets go with this one instead of my prior one.   

I imagine we'll see a lot of different lineups. Without Cam Mack we get to experiment who is best at running the show when he has to go to the bench. As far as post, we'll likely see a combination of lineups. If arop is ready you could see a arop/Kavas frontcourt for ultimate switchability on the perimeter. 

My guess the lineup we'll see a lot and will impress us is something like 

Burke

Green

Cheatem

Kavas

Stevenson 

I would put cross in there based on skill, and he could very well impress out the gates. But Robin said it best "he's a ball of clay right now that the staff wants to mold". 

The two sit out transfers will probably play, but the offense will run through the others. Just my 2c though

• hhcmatt changed the title to Starters for the first game in Italy
4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

It was 

Burke

Green

Cheatham

Kavas

Thorir

And according to a segment on AM 590 in Omaha, Thor got the most minutes by a wide margin.  Can't imagine anyone predicted that.  I sure didn't.