2021 OFFER Allison Weidner - Humphrey St Francis

redsteve

Nebraska has offered 2021 5-9 guard Allison Weidner from Humphrey St Francis. (per the Omaha newspaper)

Weidner has made a visit yesterday to UNL, and was offered on the visit..  She plays this summer on the  All Nebraska Attack team. 

She was the 2019 Nebraska Class D state track Champion in the 400, 800, and 1600.  

Will make visits to other schools before deciding, but could commit early.

The Columbus Telegram Newspaper just before 2019 State tourney::

2021Allison Weidner, Humphrey SF, so: She's one of the state's top point guards regardless of class; averages 19.8 points per game and has 169 assists and 155 steals. Fifteen blocks, too.

Last Feb 2019 article:

Weidner was named First Team All-State over the weekend and was named the Honorary Captain of the D-2 squad by the Lincoln Journal Star.

https://columbustelegram.com/sports/high-school/no-flyer-girls-clinch-second-straight-trip-to-state/article_cbd89055-6c0b-53ad-aa14-d230647ca62e.html

Allison Weidner.jpg

Allison Weidner.jpg

Edited by redsteve

Nebraska has offered 2021 5-9 guard Allison Weidner from Humphrey St Francis. (per the Omaha newspaper)

Weidner has made a visit yesterday to UNL, and was offered on the visit..  She plays this summer on the  All Nebraska Attack team. 

She was the 2019 Nebraska Class D state track Champion in the 400, 800, and 1600.  

Will make visits to other schools before deciding, but could commit early.

The Columbus Telegram Newspaper just before 2019 State tourney::
2021Allison Weidner, Humphrey SF, so: She's one of the state's top point guards regardless of class; averages 19.8 points per game and has 169 assists and 155 steals. Fifteen blocks, too.

Last Feb 2019 article:
Weidner was named First Team All-State over the weekend and was named the Honorary Captain of the D-2 squad by the Lincoln Journal Star.

https://columbustelegram.com/sports/high-school/no-flyer-girls-clinch-second-straight-trip-to-state/article_cbd89055-6c0b-53ad-aa14-d230647ca62e.html

748668700_AllisonWeidner.jpg.3cbd34b615f76bf202068a1616b5a94d.jpg

1750929542_AllisonWeidner.jpg.1c096cc1772291ca016f0a15e66a554b.jpg
Looks as though she might be a wrong arm.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I've been hoping for some good news on the recruiting front.  Not sure, this meets that need.  Miss Weidner might turn out to be a great player.  At the moment, her offer list is less than impressive.  She does have a couple more years of high school ball to shine.  Still holding out for encouraging news regarding current year recruiting. 

The next time the OWH talks to Amy, it would be nice to know if she's been utilizing Official Visits?  Has she extended many offers?  Maybe, ask a tough question or two.   

Edited by 12dozen

11 hours ago, huskerchode said:

According to the Journal Star, Huskers also have an offer out to Gony of Lincoln High, who is a senior this fall.

Is there any Link?

Edit:  I mean if you saw it in the LJS there must be an article or something you can link to.

Edited by Red Don

41 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

IMHO....Gony is "potentially" the best recruit coming out of Ne. in several years. Her skill level could be limitless.

Edited by redsteve

11 hours ago, redsteve said:

IMHO....Gony is "potentially" the best recruit coming out of Ne. in several years. Her skill level could be limitless.

Isn't it a bit odd, we're not seeing more coverage of her recruitment?  I know the Lady Huskers don't have the following football has, but if this were a Top 100 football player, within walking distance of the stadium, there would be daily updates.  Are we recruiting her hard?  Has she already eliminated us?  This years recruiting has a strange vibe.  Sorry for the head scratching.

Thanks @huskerchode.     (Here's the relevant paragraph- probably worthy of its own thread.  I'd start one; but I don't want to be seen stealing chode's Thunder.  :wink:)

(I don't know why it is so difficult for all of us fans to discover/discern WBB offers.  Several have talked about the lack/absence of recruiting information.  It seems as if one has to stumble across this kind of information quite by accident.)

The Huskers also have an offer out to 2020 forward Nyayongah Gony of Lincoln High. The  6-foot-2 senior, who plays club ball for the Cornhusker Shooting Stars, is ranked he 78th-best recruit in the nation by ESPN Hoop Gurlz. She has 40-plus offers.

Edited by Red Don