235 Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
193 (N) Sacred Heart
158 Oral Roberts
144 Southern
95 Creighton
51 (N) Southern Cal
29 @ Missouri
24 Duke

quote from gopherhole:   "I really do not understand how a school that presumably has post-season aspirations does this to themselves (and this goes double for MN's schedule last year). The season doesn't start for more than three months and it's already almost certain that Nebraska can't make the NCAAs."

hard to argue with the above comment----except for maybe "almost certain"

Edited by whoopdeedoo

I don't really understand that schedule.  If we were going to play someone from the Summit League, why not SDSU or USD?  I can see having a couple of easy ones early on, but after about the second game, there should be a challenge (not a UConn type challenge, but maybe an Iowa State type challenge).  In 11 games, I would hope for 3 easy ones, 4 that should be good solid games but hopefully winnable, and 4 that are a good challenge.

don't think amy wanted to play this season's squad from USD. this may be the year no one can stop them from winning the conference and the Summit tourney. yotes going to be good. SDSU may be a little down this season. not sure jacks can replace losing miller and guebert on offense. 

be sweet if huskers go through non-con unscathed. gonna be interesting.

Schedule has a variety of match up's....we will need to be able handle the match ups no matter who they are and play up to our level ...and improve. So there's some value there. Might actually tell where we'll be headed next season.

Hope it's a better pre-season than last year, and expect it will be. We learned a lot last year, the staff and players a like. And of course get our overall act together as a team, get ready for the B1G. it's long time before we get under way. Meld the new freshmen into the team...look for us to be stronger overall.

Like everyone, pretty anxious as usual. 

• 7 months later...

one area that needs better research: developing a non-con schedule. i imagine coach gives final ok, but, i believe Katie Adams is in charge of non-con schedule.

2019 non-con:

team                  overall record               rpi (warren nolan)

Duke                        15-10                       31

Missouri                   6-19                        141

USC                          13-12                       76

Creighton                16-9                          39

Alabama A&M        12-11                        262

Morgan St               10-13                        251

SIUE                           3-21                        333

Southern                   9-12                        242

Sacred Heart           7-15                         306

Oral Roberts            10-14                       210

Manhattan               10-14                       222        

unless you want to take a chance with sdsu or usd (which i doubt amy would approve) i would stay away from anyone else in the summit. except for sdsu and usd, it's a pretty bad league---at least currently.       

Edited by whoopdeedoo

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

We should play either South Dakota or South Dakota St. often.  We should respect them, not fear them.

Yes.  SDSU is a bit down this year, but they’ve had some decent wins.  USD would have our number just like Creighton does, but they have a tough team that competes to be in the tourney every year.  And those are close enough that fans could easily travel to the away game (if we did it for a few years).  Maybe an OK State type or someone from Big12, or a different PAC-12 team (One near the top, wouldn’t expect to win but we could learn some things early).

19 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

Yes.  SDSU is a bit down this year, but they’ve had some decent wins.  USD would have our number just like Creighton does, but they have a tough team that competes to be in the tourney every year.  And those are close enough that fans could easily travel to the away game (if we did it for a few years).  Maybe an OK State type or someone from Big12, or a different PAC-12 team (One near the top, wouldn’t expect to win but we could learn some things early).

Agree about Big XII games.   We could play TCU, Texas, Texas Tech , OU etc., and hook up with Colorado, BYU, etc.

10 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Do you wonder with the braska leave in the big 12 for the big ten if some of those big 12 schools are still butthurt over the Huskers leaving

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Oh, I'm sure.  I'm still butt hurt about Texas joining the Big 8 to become the Big 12!  Guess I was thinking along the lines of Big 8 schools (but not Kansas, they don't seem to be too great anymore).  Maybe OK, OK State, ISU, possibly KState.

We could have a pretty decent non-con schedule that doesn't require a ton of traveling.  We will always have Creighton on our schedule, then maybe pick up one of the OK schools and either KState or ISU, then one of the top Summit teams (USD or SDSU).  Drake or that mid-major Missouri school that is ranked (I can never remember which one it is).  Then maybe a holiday tourney somewhere that we can play against a PAC-12 school and some other major conference.  I suppose it boils down to money and schedules. 

4 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

We could have a pretty decent non-con schedule that doesn't require a ton of traveling.  We will always have Creighton on our schedule, then maybe pick up one of the OK schools and either KState or ISU, then one of the top Summit teams (USD or SDSU).  Drake or that mid-major Missouri school that is ranked (I can never remember which one it is).  Then maybe a holiday tourney somewhere that we can play against a PAC-12 school and some other major conference.  I suppose it boils down to money and schedules. 

And playing some games in those areas would give us exposure to potential recruits.