A Contest to tide you over for the next few weeks

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to rescind my previous submission and replace it with this beauty.   Do you wish the boy band era of the 90's never happened?  Would you prefer to remember the songs as a modern funk rendition instead?  If so, then you're welcome.  Here's Scary Pockets' cover of the Backstreet Boys' "I Want it That Way."

I will not sully this board by posting the original.  You know you know it.

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

It's time to wrap this contest up.  You have through this Thursday, August 1st to post a video or vote on a current post.  We have a tight race.  Winner will be announced Friday.  I'm partial to this original, but the remake is good.

I've seen the Thunderbirds live. They put on a good show. Jimmie Lee wasn't as good as Stevie but he was pretty good.

I'm not tanking.  Here's a two-fer tuesday!

There are dozens of really great covers of "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden (1994)

Including probably my favorite version by Steve and Eydie (1997)

But THIS version by Peter Frampton is probably the most kick-ass version (2011) which - naturally - includes him using the talk box at 3:50:

Edited by 49r

On 8/2/2019 at 2:03 PM, cipsucks said:

We have a tie.  Fred 1212's All Along the Watchtower and Norm's Shambala each received 6 votes.  I've decided what we'll do for the tie-breaker, but I won't start it until both Fred and Norm acknowledge they've tied for the win.  

I hadn’t voted yet. I went ahead and voted for Fred because I thought his entry was better than mine. Congrats to Fred!