A Contest to tide you over for the next few weeks

Fred Hoiberg has done a complete remake of the roster for this upcoming season.  Someone posted weeks ago about doing an Original/Remake song thread in the off-season.  Kudos to you, mark that post and you have a steak coming your way.  Remakes can be really good.  Oftentimes, not so much.  I KNOW this Husker remake will be a huge success.  Anyway...

The Contest:

As a rock and roll fanatic, original songs 90 per cent of the time are better than remakes.  However, there are covers that are so much better than the original song.  Here's the deal:  Post your remake song you think kicks the ass of the original.  Name the original artist and post the remake video, and you're part of the contest.  The winner will be determined by how many upvotes he/she gets.  The winner gets 2 14 oz Nebraska Star Beef Ribeyes, plus a six pack of Lucky Beef jerky.  The contest will conclude in a couple weeks.  I'll provide an example:

Angry Bruce Springsteen.

Kick ass remake:

Edited by cipsucks

A couple of my thoughts are in use above; however, the Kingsmen get a large shout-out as one hit wonders who spurred a two year FBI investigation into the lyrics of the song and the subversive message sent to us then youths.

“Louie Louie” by The Kingsmen (written by Richard Berry, originally performed by Rockin’ Robin Roberts and the Wailers)

15 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Fred Hoiberg has done a complete remake of the roster for this upcoming season.  Someone posted weeks ago about doing an Original/Remake song thread in the off-season.  Kudos to you, mark that post and you have a steak coming your way.  Remakes can be really good.  Oftentimes, not so much.  I KNOW this Husker remake will be a huge success.  Anyway...

The Contest:

As a rock and roll fanatic, original songs 90 per cent of the time are better than remakes.  However, there are covers that are so much better than the original song.  Here's the deal:  Post your remake song you think kicks the ass of the original.  Name the original artist and post the remake video, and you're part of the contest.  The winner will be determined by how many upvotes he/she gets.  The winner gets 2 14 oz Nebraska Star Beef Ribeyes, plus a six pack of Lucky Beef jerky.  The contest will conclude in a couple weeks.  I'll provide an example:

Angry Bruce Springsteen.

Kick ass remake:

Great topic. I was thinking we need a summer thread like this. I was going to start the exact same theme!