2019 NBA Free Agency

khoock

22 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

According to Stephan A. ( Whatever that’s worth) Lakers are firmly in play. Magic has Kawhi’s ear, he & LeBron are tight & a host of other connections have him headed to the 16 time Champs...

It's a courtesy meeting, nothing more. Kawhi's likely headed back to the Raptors. In two years, Leonard can get that super-max deal in Toronto. And possibly continue to rule the East in the process.

NBA free agency is wild, man.

Also, poor Knicks fan. A month ago (before the lottery) they had some pretty big dreams (AD, Zion, KD, Kyrie, etc), then they try to go cheap on KD, and end up with Julius Randle. What a mess of a franchise. Traded away Melo and Alabaster Ewing, and have nothing to show for it. Someone should confiscate the team from Dolan.

Crazy to think how different Golden State will likely look next season, in their 1st season at the Chase Center in San Fran. Injuries to KD & Klay nearly guaranteed they couldn't keep both, and it's possible neither. Wow, I'd never have guessed that before the post-season, if I'd known they'd lose the Finals. But, that's basketball & life. The twists and turns are the realest.

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Crazy to think how different Golden State will likely look next season, in their 1st season at the Chase Center in San Fran. Injuries to KD & Klay nearly guaranteed they couldn't keep both, and it's possible neither. Wow, I'd never have guessed that before the post-season, if I'd known they'd lose the Finals. But, that's basketball & life. The twists and turns are the realest.

Sounds as if they locked up Klay and landed D'Angelo Russell. They traded Andre Iguadala to Memphis.

27 minutes ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

Wait wut? Aren't you a Lakers fan? Pretty sure it wasn't so much the NBA, as it was the LBA, this past season. "Lakes of Our Lives".

Well, I can actually recall watching nearly ALL of the Lakers Championship teams, unlike Knicks fans who need a reminder RE: Bill Bradley & Willis Reed. Yes last season was another “Soap Opera” but we haven’t boarded up the Staples Center quite yet...

20 minutes ago, khoock said:

Sounds as if they locked up Klay and landed D'Angelo Russell. They traded Andre Iguadala to Memphis.

Hell of a rebound for GSW late in the day! Good deal.

DAR is going to bring that Baron Davis PG back from the 2007 "We Believe" Warriors. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

All I say is Steph better be shooting 25+ times a game to DAR's 15.

5 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Well, I can actually recall watching nearly ALL of the Lakers Championship teams, unlike Knicks fans who need a reminder RE: Bill Bradley & Willis Reed. Yes last season was another “Soap Opera” but we haven’t boarded up the Staples Center quite yet...

Will be interesting to see if Kawhi is in the purple locker room or the red one come tomorrow..... Klay is staying in San Fran to open up the Chase Center to team with Steph & DAR in the back court. That'll be interesting to see 3 All-Star guards co-exist next post-season.... hmmm.

5 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I'm just sayin... the sports media blare quite a bit of Lakers news into our faces. It's even worse now with the walking soap opera LBJ out there. How bad would it be if the Lakers " were actually GOOD"? I'm sure we'll find out next season (unlike the Knicks).

Biggest question mark for me is Philly:

- Resigned Tobias Harris (way over payed imo)

- Sign and trade Jimmy Butler to Miami

- Signed Al Horford (big contract, provides good shooting from that position, but overall not good shooting)

Biggest winner (aside from Brooklyn, too obvious) for me is Utah:

- Traded for Mike Conley

- Signed Bojan Bogdanovic 

- They now have a volume scorer (Donovan Mitchell), a true PG (Conley), elite three point shooter (Bogdanovic), and a defensive menace (Rudy Gobert)

All signs are pointing to Kawhi signing with LA. Not many second tier free agents left for LAL to cash in. Im assuming they have something in place but maybe AD was all they got.

Ill present two scenarios:

1. Kawhi Leonard

2. Danny Green, Seth Curry, Marcus Morris, JR Smith, Carmelo Anthony

Which is better LAL fans?

2 hours ago, khoock said:

All signs are pointing to Kawhi signing with LA. Not many second tier free agents left for LAL to cash in. Im assuming they have something in place but maybe AD was all they got.

1. Kawhi Leonard

JR Smith would need to be traded and released in order for him to end up a Laker IMO. His contract is just way too valuable and the Lakers don't really have the assets left to trade for him.

Smith's contract is one of the last contracts signed under the last CBA which means if he's traded, a team can trade the full value of JR Smith's contract (about $15.7M) to Cleveland but only have 4.4M of it count against their cap.

Which is why some teams want it so bad. Dallas for example (who made their draft day trade specifically to make a play for this deal) could trade Courtney Lee's contract and draft picks to Cleveland for JR Smith and because Smith's deal is under the old CBA and Lee's is under the new one, Dallas would instantly be adding more than $10M in cap space giving them the ability to put another max contract offer out to pair someone with Porzingis.

8 hours ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

I'm just sayin... the sports media blare quite a bit of Lakers news into our faces. It's even worse now with the walking soap opera LBJ out there. How bad would it be if the Lakers " were actually GOOD"? I'm sure we'll find out next season (unlike the Knicks).

Agreed, 6 years with no playoffs is unacceptable & I cringe every time I see LeBron in a Laker jersey. BUT they were the 4 seed on Xmas when James went down. Whether or not they’re the favorites going forward is hard to say. But I’ll roll with LeBron, AD, & Kawhi rather than the 1st two & a handful of B-grade talent.

10 hours ago, khoock said:

1. Kawhi Leonard

Kawhi, Danny Green, and Iggy all end up Lakers is my guess.  

Pacers are winners in this chain of events.  Got Warren and 32 pick for cash draft day.  Flipped 32 pick for three future seconds.  Used two of them and future first to get Brogdon.  Then signed talented Lamb to very reasonable deal.  Brogdon Warren Lamb for Collison Young Bogey makes the much younger and much more flexible.  Plus absolutely stole Bitadze at 18.  He is lottery player.  

47 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Pacers are winners in this chain of events.  Got Warren and 32 pick for cash draft day.  Flipped 32 pick for three future seconds.  Used two of them and future first to get Brogdon.  Then signed talented Lamb to very reasonable deal.  Brogdon Warren Lamb for Collison Young Bogey makes the much younger and much more flexible.  Plus absolutely stole Bitadze at 18.  He is lottery player.  

The east will be a solid 6-7 teams deep next year.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:50 AM, khoock said:

1. Kawhi Leonard --> TBA

2. Kevin Durant --> Brooklyn Nets

3. Kyrie Irving --> Brooklyn Nets

4. Kemba Walker --> Boston Celtics

5. Klay Thompson --> Golden State Warriors

6. Kristaps Porzingus --> Dallas Mavericks

7. Jimmy Butler --> Miami Heat

8. Tobias Harris --> Philadelphia 76ers

9. Khris Middleton --> Milwaukee Bucks

10. Nikola Vucevic --> Orlando Magic

11. D'Angelo Russell --> Golden State Warriors