2019 NBA Free Agency

khoock

Free agency begins on Sunday and its gonna be a wild one. Here is a list of the top 20 free agents and where I think they will land. NBA junkies enjoy!

1. Kawhi Leonard --> Toronto Raptors

2. Kevin Durant --> Brooklyn Nets

3. Kyrie Irving --> Brooklyn Nets

4. Kemba Walker --> Boston Celtics

5. Klay Thompson --> Golden State Warriors

6. Kristaps Porzingus --> Dallas Mavericks

7. Jimmy Butler --> Philladelphia 76ers sign and trade to Houston Rockets

8. Tobias Harris --> New York Knicks

9. Khris Middleton --> Milwaukee Bucks

10. Nikola Vucevic --> Orlando Magic

11. D'Angelo Russell --> New York Knicks

12. Malcom Brogdon --> Milwaukee Bucks

13. JJ Redick --> Los Angeles Lakers

14. DeMarcus Cousins --> Golden State Warriors

15. Al Horford --> Dallas Mavericks 

16. Bojan Bogdanovic --> Los Angeles Clippers

17. Julius Randle --> Los Angeles Clippers

18. Brook Lopez --> Boston Celtics

19. Paul Millsap --> Denver Nuggets

20. Marc Gasol --> Toronto Raptors

Edited by khoock

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

Dangelo Russell, Kyle Korver, JR Smith, Enes Kanter all to Lakers imo.  

Not a big fan of that. Spread that money around --> JJ Redick, Nikola Mirotic, Danny Green, Bojan Bogdanovic. Shooters, size, and defense. 

Not sure what DLo brings to the Lakers. Hes a ball dominant PG who isnt a great shooter.  But the same could be said about Kyrie and they got a ring together.

Edited by khoock

9 hours ago, khoock said:

Not a big fan of that. Spread that money around --> JJ Redick, Nikola Mirotic, Danny Green, Bojan Bogdanovic. Shooters, size, and defense. 

Not sure what DLo brings to the Lakers. Hes a ball dominant PG who isnt a great shooter.  But the same could be said about Kyrie and they got a ring together.

Now that they just freed up cap space for another max, all bets are off with what I just wrote.

Hot take:  I think Lake show gets Kawhi, JR Smith, Korver, a vet big and a vet pg. 

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

Now that they just freed up cap space for another max, all bets are off with what I just wrote.

Hot take:  I think Lake show gets Kawhi, JR Smith, Korver, a vet big and a vet pg. 

It definitely looks as if they are looking to add a third star.

I still prefer quality depth but I dont get paid the big bucks. The only "star" I would be interested in, if he were healthy, would be Klay Thompson. The way he moves without the ball/dribbling, shoots, and defends would be PERFECT for LAL.

10 hours ago, khoock said:

It definitely looks as if they are looking to add a third star.

I still prefer quality depth but I dont get paid the big bucks. The only "star" I would be interested in, if he were healthy, would be Klay Thompson. The way he moves without the ball/dribbling, shoots, and defends would be PERFECT for LAL.

Agree that Klay would be a great fit, and rumor has it he’ll listen if GS doesn’t give him a max deal, but Kawhi and AD are top 5 players, and Kuzma is no slouch.  You can add Rondo and bring up Alex Caruso (who might be pretty valuable with this group) up at PG, sign any of JR/Korver/Vince Carter to bring scoring off the bench.  A lot of times those vets are a lot more savvy/fundamentally sound than talented young players, and they rarely bring problems to the locker room.  

Sunday and beyond will be very interesting. 

21 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Why are my Bulls never involved in anything interesting? 

Bc GarPax are cheap. 23 million in cap space and we arent really targeting anyone.

Trade Dunn for a future second round pick and sign a vet PG (Beverly or Rubio) and sign a veteran 4/5 man (maybe Taj). Thats what i would like to see.

Edited by khoock

2 hours ago, khoock said:

Bc GarPax are cheap. 23 million in cap space and we arent really targeting anyone.

Trade Dunn for a future second round pick and sign a vet PG (Beverly or Rubio) and sign a veteran 4/5 man (maybe Taj). Thats what i would like to see.

I think anyone in the sports world who is “cheap” should be fired. You have to spend all your money. You buy titles 

2 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I think anyone in the sports world who is “cheap” should be fired. You have to spend all your money. You buy titles 

Alot of Bulls fans would like to move on from that duo. Im hanging on bc there is a nice young core to build around. If they stay healthy (as healthy as you can ask for) and get some vet leadership it will be a fun year for us Bulls fans.

21 minutes ago, khoock said:

Alot of Bulls fans would like to move on from that duo. Im hanging on bc there is a nice young core to build around. If they stay healthy (as healthy as you can ask for) and get some vet leadership it will be a fun year for us Bulls fans.

We’ll see... I’m excited about White. As a UNC fan I enjoyed watching him play quite a bit this year. Though he has awkwardly short arms, for an NBA player anyways (this currently being typed by someone who has an inch less wingspan than height lol). 

27 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

We’ll see... I’m excited about White. As a UNC fan I enjoyed watching him play quite a bit this year. Though he has awkwardly short arms, for an NBA player anyways (this currently being typed by someone who has an inch less wingspan than height lol). 

I am also excited about White. I just didnt include him bc I dont watch college bball, aside from Nebraska, and obviously he hasnt played an NBA game yet. 

I believe there are only two current NBA players who do not have a longer wingspan than their height. TJ McConnell and someone else.

Another good guess, your answer tho is: Kevin McKenna. I think Big Ben spent some time with the Nets & then bounced around before his bum knees (?) made him leave the game. POST SCRIPT: after an exhaustive research effort on my part, I see Ben was drafted by the Clippers, ( missed playing with Pike) & was briefly a Laker in ‘93 which was Worthy’s last season...

Edited by Handy Johnson

19 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Another good guess, your answer tho is: Kevin McKenna. I think Big Ben spent some time with the Nets & then bounced around before his bum knees (?) made him leave the game. POST SCRIPT: after an exhaustive research effort on my part, I see Ben was drafted by the Clippers, ( missed playing with Pike) & was briefly a Laker in ‘93 which was Worthy’s last season...

I knew Benjamin had been both a Clip and with the Lake Show. Obviously I figured Benoit had been a champ with the Lakers. 😔