2019 NBA Free Agency

khoock

8 hours ago, royalfan said:

Pacers are winners in this chain of events.  Got Warren and 32 pick for cash draft day.  Flipped 32 pick for three future seconds.  Used two of them and future first to get Brogdon.  Then signed talented Lamb to very reasonable deal.  Brogdon Warren Lamb for Collison Young Bogey makes the much younger and much more flexible.  Plus absolutely stole Bitadze at 18.  He is lottery player.  

Collison retired.  

19 minutes ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

Not with 7-11 still in town and open 24 hours...

As a Philly fan, I'm glad the Sixers kept Tobias Harris & shipped ol' Jimmy to South Beach. And I like their additions of Josh Richardson & particulary Al Horford to complement & alleviate strain on Embiid.

Edited by AuroranHusker

Kawhi is expected to announce later this week.

His meeting with the Lakers went really well and is meeting with the Clippers today. Raptors will get the last meeting.

Man Kawhi is really unpredictable and his camp is very tight lipped. I think Toronto still has the upperhand bc they really treated him well when it came to his health and coming back from his injury. Plus with KD being out, the Raptors will be the favorites if they run it back. Im gonna go out on a limb and say he signs a two year deal with Toronto with a player option in year 2 (similar to what Kevin Durant did with the Warriors).

With that being said, that means the Lakers need to fill out the rest of the roster. A lot of middle tier free agents have already signed but there is enough out there to still put together a formidable team past Bron, AD, and Kuz. Lets say TJ McConnell, Danny Green, Marcus Morris with the rest of their cap space. Bring on JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony on vet minimum contracts.

STARTERS

TJ McConnell 

Danny Green

Kyle Kuzma

LeBron James

Anthony Davis

BENCH

Talen Horton-Tucker

JR Smith

Carmelo Anthony

Marcus Morris

Johnathan Williams

Edited by khoock

25 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Here’s yer WTF moment of the day. Golden St is retiring Kevin Durant’s number. He joined an NBA Title team, played there THREE whole years, and left... Consistent excellence over time, loyalty, perseverance have all become antiquated notions.

PR move since theyre kinda responsible for his ruptured Achilles

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

Here’s yer WTF moment of the day. Golden St is retiring Kevin Durant’s number. He joined an NBA Title team, played there THREE whole years, and left... Consistent excellence over time, loyalty, perseverance have all become antiquated notions.

They retired his number after 1 year at Texas. Being transcendent is a good gig.

4 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

That was the “Hot take” on the DP show this morning... the whole thing seems forced & silly.

Seems legit from all reports I have heard from/seen. He was strictly doing pool work outs up to 5 days before he played bc they didnt think his lower leg was ready for the force created from on court workouts. And the one on court workout he had leading up to Game 5, per multiple reports, was not good. Sounds as if Golden State felt the pressure of being down 3-1 (and possibly losing KD to free agency) and rushed him back when he wasnt ready. Add in the very awkward and forced press conference by GM Bob Meyers after the game and the retiring of KD's jersey and it just makes it a very odd situation.

Kawhi Leonard went through a similiar situation in San Antonio, where the SAS medical staff cleared him to play. Leonard didnt feel comfortable with their diagnosis and brought in his own people. 

Kawhi stuck to his gut and trusted his body. KD surrendered to all the talk/noise and pressure to play.

Thats my take on it. Who knows if we will ever know the actual truth.

Hey if yer down 3-1 & KD tells Kerr he’s good to go, you play him. Unfortunate injuries happen all the time, but I don’t see how hanging his jersey absolves the Warriors of anything (perceived or real) I also wonder what players like Rick Berry, Mitch Richmond & other long time Warriors think of him waltzing into Oakland, riding the coattails of Title team, then getting his jersey retired? Yes he was a BIG reason why they won two & lost the third, but as someone who remembers Keith (not Jamaal) Wilkes, it just seems contrived & not earned.

@basketballjones curious to see what you think of the Bulls free agency signings? No huge names, but I think they got versatile players who are available (healthy; able to play).

I think were looking something like this:

STARTERS

Tomas Satoransky 6'7 G

Zach LaVine 6'5 G

Otto Porter 6'8 F

Lauri Markkanen 7'0 F

Wendell Carter 6'10 F/C

ROTATION

Coby White 6'5 G

Denzel Valentine 6'6 G/F

Chandler Hutchinson 6'7 F

Thaddeus Young 6'8 F

Luke Kornet 7'1 C

BENCH 

Ryan Arcidiacono 6'3 G

Antonio Blakeney 6'4 G

Daniel Gafford 6'11 C

Well f**k! 

Kawhi signs with LAC under the stipulations they acquire Paul George. Thunder get 5 first round picks, Shai Gilleous-Alexander and Danilo Gallinari in return.

Lakers rebound with Danny Green, Quinn Cook, JaVale McGee, and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Not bad for being so late in free agency.

The era of two stars and role players seems to be back baby!! No more super teams.

On 7/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, khoock said:

@basketballjones curious to see what you think of the Bulls free agency signings? No huge names, but I think they got versatile players who are available (healthy; able to play).

I think were looking something like this:

STARTERS

Tomas Satoransky 6'7 G

Zach LaVine 6'5 G

Otto Porter 6'8 F

Lauri Markkanen 7'0 F

Wendell Carter 6'10 F/C

ROTATION

Coby White 6'5 G

Denzel Valentine 6'6 G/F

Chandler Hutchinson 6'7 F

Thaddeus Young 6'8 F

Luke Kornet 7'1 C

BENCH 

Ryan Arcidiacono 6'3 G

Antonio Blakeney 6'4 G

Daniel Gafford 6'11 C

Is that a 35 win team?

25 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Is that a 35 win team?

Im not certain on a win total. But if that team stays healthy (a big if at this point) thats a 7 or 8 seed in the East imo.

Orlando, Miami, Detroit, Atlanta and Chicago should all be in the mix. All of which have nice pieces but some glaring holes.

WOW 😮 didn’t see that one coming... of course in a typical measured response the New York Post claims the Lakers now have their “Big 3” which I guess is a de facto necessity to qualify as a legit contender. If they can get him up to speed great, but at least they didn’t give up 5 #1s to get him...