Of the offered players for '20, who would be the best fit?

58 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

I see that D. Dainja took his act to those [jerks] from Baylor. Does NU go with another big man (my thought) or someone else? Any opinions?

Right now, we're full up. We only have room for another 2020 kid if someone leaves. I guess it depends who leaves, but I would assume if we have a spot open up, we'd look for a taller athlete who can shoot the 3 and defend the paint.

By the way, I know I've been guilty before, too. But clean up the language.

Edited by Norm Peterson

Sorry Norm, I have a weakness for blue language, especially when it concerns rival basketball teams.... Will censor myself more thoroughly in the future. Cheers!

By the way, it is a tad confusing that any offers are being made considering no scholarships are available. Obviously the staff assumes there will be someone who leaves....

Edited by Husker Hoops Penitent

3 hours ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

By the way, it is a tad confusing that any offers are being made considering no scholarships are available. Obviously the staff assumes there will be someone who leaves....

With the way college basketball is nowadays you have to almost assume 1 or 2. Nobody, including the staff, has an accurate gauge on who it will be rn but it is almost a given.

Also something discussed on this board (i think by Norm and myself specifically) is you have to consider how much this staff loves the redshirt transfer. By recruiting 2020 kids, who we currently dont have room for, we are getting are foot in the door for when 45% of them transfer in a year or two. The staff could be playing the long game in recruiting.

16 hours ago, khoock said:

With the way college basketball is nowadays you have to almost assume 1 or 2. Nobody, including the staff, has an accurate gauge on who it will be rn but it is almost a given.

Also something discussed on this board (i think by Norm and myself specifically) is you have to consider how much this staff loves the redshirt transfer. By recruiting 2020 kids, who we currently dont have room for, we are getting are foot in the door for when 45% of them transfer in a year or two. The staff could be playing the long game in recruiting.

Guessing you are spot on here.