2022 SG Gradey Dick-> Kansas

He was one of the 18 finalists for the U16 USA team (didn't make the final cut for the top 13) that Tamin Lipsey is on.

https://www.usab.com/basketball/players/mens/d/dick-gradey.aspx

This is a Matt A recruit and they've been on him since at least May.

If you look at the USA roster I think we'll also make a run at Richard Issacs Jr. https://www.usab.com/basketball/players/mens/i/isaacs-jr-richard.aspx

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2022 SG Gradey Dick
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Sounds possible, yes?

Yeah. Like Hunter Sallis saying the Huskers are definitely still in it 2 days before releasing a Husker-less top 12.

Not saying this will go the same way, but it sure makes me a little more cautious about putting any stock in statements like that.

Having said that, Grady Dick would be an absolutely phenomenal pickup and I would love to see him wearing a Husker uniform in 2 years.

4 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Sophomore highlights. He’s 6’7” now. He’s the real deal. 

Agreed on "real deal." I would take him over the Kors kid from South Dakota if they were in the same class and we had our pick. I think Dick is really good.

Edited by Norm Peterson
*Sophomore* highlights

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

In my interpretation of his quotes in recent articles, he seems to be most interested in Nebraska and Baylor right now. 

I'm impressed with the kid's ups. He is an effortless dunker. That carries over into other skills and attributes on the floor, so seeing a 6'7 guy who never dunks would worry me a bit. This kid throws it down quite easily. And he has nearly textbook shooting form and backs it up by hitting shots. He has deep range on his 3-point shot, way past the college line. I think he's a Hoiberg kind of player, that Georges Niang and skillset who would play a version of stretch 4 in college but would project as an NBA wing.

All this is meant to say ... Nebraska is clearly the best fit for him, and I say this without the slightest hint of self-interest involved. 😏

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm impressed with the kid's ups. He is an effortless dunker. That carries over into other skills and attributes on the floor, so seeing a 6'7 guy who never dunks would worry me a bit. This kid throws it down quite easily. And he has nearly textbook shooting form and backs it up by hitting shots. He has deep range on his 3-point shot, way past the college line. I think he's a Hoiberg kind of player, that Georges Niang and skillset who would play a version of stretch 4 in college but would project as an NBA wing.

All this is meant to say ... Nebraska is clearly the best fit for him, and I say this without the slightest hint of self-interest involved. 😏

6’7” pure shooters with that kind of athleticism don’t come along too often.