Happy 75th birthday to Coach Danny Nee

Danny was my favorite.  He took this program to a level it had never been.  Unfortunately, when it plateaued, he was replaced by Collier.  Talk about a meh hire.  Fast forward to 2019.  Tim Miles brings excitement and life to a program that begged for any type of attention.  He plateaued, in comes Fred Hoiberg.  GBFRED!    

Happy Birthday, Danny!

Happy birthday Danny. 

As to credit, I think Danny did get a lot of credit.  He wouldn't have it any other way.  He was the type of dude who would tell you what he was going to do, and then busted asses to accomplish his goals.  So he did get credit, what he didn't get though was a renewed welcome mat.  Things happened, some within his control, and a little bit out of his control.  Those things became a noose around his neck that replaced his cool Gary Novotny ties.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Happy birthday Danny. 

Those things became a noose around his neck that replaced his cool Gary Novotny ties.

Gary Novotny is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.  He helped us with my son Seth's fundraiser.  Not bagging on you, huskerpapa, just wanted to give him some props!

On 6/18/2019 at 6:05 PM, Handy Johnson said:

Spent a night at the old Cliff’s Lounge throwing back a few with Coach Nee & enjoying a couple of “heaters.” Truly an original and glad to claim him as OURS...

oh god, don't get me started on Cliff's stories from back in the day. What a divine hole that place was. Only place in town for years to get a decent martini. 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:50 PM, cipsucks said:

Gary Novotny is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.  He helped us with my son Seth's fundraiser.  Not bagging on you, huskerpapa, just wanted to give him some props!

Gary was/is a friend of mine as well.  He was my next door dorm neighbor my first year at UNL and our kids were acquainted in HS.  :)