2019 Football Outlook

11 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Win or lose today, I just hope we end up with a bowl game. We could really use the extra practices.

Currently 2nd in line for bowl 5-7 eligibility if the other 11 teams can't fill the 4 remaining spots.

Pretty slim chance they get a bowl at 5-7.  Probably better to put this year to bed and pray this staff becomes competent in year 3.  

19 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Win or lose today, I just hope we end up with a bowl game. We could really use the extra practices.

Currently 2nd in line for bowl 5-7 eligibility if the other 11 teams can't fill the 4 remaining spots.

But will they teach them to keep contain on defense or special teams?

My God.  Something needs to happen this offseason.  Hooray.. we beat friggin Maryland.  This is Sr day, a bowls on the line, and we’re getting our teeth kicked in.

I can understand when you try the screen pass and it doesn’t work.  Can maybe even understand the next time we try it.  However the following 3-4 times we ran it that half... why?  What’s with having Vederal QB for a series?  What are we doing?

A 4 yard QB sneak... KO return for TD... this is embarrassing.

14 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Pretty slim chance they get a bowl at 5-7.  Probably better to put this year to bed and pray this staff becomes competent in year 3.  

Surprisingly, this is the highest unclaimed bowl teams this late in the season since we made a bowl at 5-7 back in 2015. So it's a bigger shot than you may expect. We'll see. Not a great attitude to think "we could make a bowl even if we lose," but that reality is a possibility.

For what it's worth. Teams to root against for bowl eligibility:

Friday:

TCU, Troy

Saturday:

Army, Boston College, Colorado, Liberty, Michigan State, North Carolina, Oregon State, UL-Monroe

Boston College is the only team ahead of us in APR academic rankings. So if there are 2 openings left after this week, we would get a bid for a bowl.

Edited by HuskerFever

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Friday:

TCU, Troy

Saturday:

Army, Boston College, Colorado, Liberty, Michigan State, North Carolina, Oregon State, UL-Monroe

Boston College is the only team ahead of us in APR academic rankings. So if there are 2 openings left after this week, we would get a bid for a bowl.

From all of the tweets it sounds like the season is over.

Friday:
TCU, Troy

Saturday:

As bad as our luck has been this year I wouldn't count on it

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Frost has had an odd tenure so far. For me as a fan, next year will shape a lot of my opinion about him and his staff. Obviously this team needs an influx of talent and more depth; hopefully thats coming from the redshirts and incoming recruiting class. Frost made his share of in-game mistakes as well. He is young hopefully he learns from them. His scheme/staff may need some tweaking. Hopefully he can figure out what those tweaks need to be. 

Colorado, Indiana, Purdue, and Iowa were all winnable games . Next year is time to put that 5 mill where your mouth is Frosty. Im about 55/45 lean towards "He can do it".

8 minutes ago, khoock said:

Not to be an asshole but if you go 5-7 you shouldnt go to a bowl game. Felt the same way when we played UCLA. They need to eliminate about 10-12 bowl games again. Give atleast a little meaning back to the bowls.

The Pac-12 has a clause that mandates its teams to have 6+ wins to accept a bowl bid.

17 minutes ago, khoock said:

Frost has had an odd tenure so far. For me as a fan, next year will shape a lot of my opinion about him and his staff. Obviously this team needs an influx of talent and more depth; hopefully thats coming from the redshirts and incoming recruiting class. Frost made his share of in-game mistakes as well. He is young hopefully he learns from them. His scheme/staff may need some tweaking. Hopefully he can figure out what those tweaks need to be. 

Colorado, Indiana, Purdue, and Iowa were all winnable games . Next year is time to put that 5 mill where your mouth is Frosty. Im about 55/45 lean towards "He can do it".

We start out with Purdue next year. That’s a 50/50 game at best. Brohm will likely out class Frost again I’m afraid.