2019 Football Outlook

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

This statement is in poor taste.  If you are going to go there, actually GO THERE.  Don't beat around the bush and barely say anything.  

See the comments at the bottom of this blog:  https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2019/10/26/20934102/bowl-eligible-indiana-hoosiers-stuff-nebraska-huskers-into-a-trash-can-38-31-peyton-ramsey-tom-allen

You'll see all but one of the Indiana fans saying exactly the same thing.  Either way, to me it's all pretty much a nothing burger.

6 hours ago, 49r said:

See the comments at the bottom of this blog:  https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2019/10/26/20934102/bowl-eligible-indiana-hoosiers-stuff-nebraska-huskers-into-a-trash-can-38-31-peyton-ramsey-tom-allen

You'll see all but one of the Indiana fans saying exactly the same thing.  Either way, to me it's all pretty much a nothing burger.

It's probably as simple as Frost made a mention that NU has to always play OSU and doesn't "get to" play Indiana..... but, my take, that's a serious whine-fest by Glass, tbh. Your team won, get over it already !

20 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

It's probably as simple as Frost made a mention that NU has to always play OSU and doesn't "get to" play Indiana..... but, my take, that's a serious whine-fest by Glass, tbh. Your team won, get over it already !

I remember Frost making a comment about how jacked up the cross divisional games are. He wasn’t wrong. 

But, the Big Ten strategically did it this way for more prime time games in thinking Nebraska/Ohio St would both be good. One program is holding up to their end of the bargain. 

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I remember Frost making a comment about how jacked up the cross divisional games are. He wasn’t wrong. 

But, the Big Ten strategically did it this way for more prime time games in thinking Nebraska/Ohio St would both be good. One program is holding up to their end of the bargain. 

Yeah, I realize all that; as far as the current "controversy," Indiana being butthurt about cold hard facts is hard to believe, quite frankly.

17 minutes ago, 49r said:

My God....this guy....

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-ucf-scott-frost-nebraska-cornhuskers-20191030-5rh3kc2jf5hzhhvvpc6zscwyky-story.html

Good thing we have experts in Orlando that know everything there is to know about how to run the Nebraska football program.  :rolleyes:

**The year is 2100.  Someone posts the "it's been 81 years" gif from Titanic as we read another thread on this board about an article in the Orlando Sentinel about how Scott Frost left the team in 2018.

4 hours ago, 49r said:

My God....this guy....

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-ucf-scott-frost-nebraska-cornhuskers-20191030-5rh3kc2jf5hzhhvvpc6zscwyky-story.html

Good thing we have experts in Orlando that know everything there is to know about how to run the Nebraska football program.  :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t mind seeing the UCF program go down in flames again. 

At least I'll have a lot more free time on Saturdays.  I don't think I can watch this pathetic garbage anymore.

No excuses for this one, completely out-played and out-coached by a second rate outfit that was missing their best players.

Seriously, might as well save the $150 million on facilities and just face the facts that we are going to suck.  Because, regardless of facilities, there's no indication that we are going to do anything besides suck.

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

16 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Not sure which is more brutal.... the loss at Minny, the loss at home to the Hoosiers, or the loss at Purdue.

Maybe all 3. Ughh.

Minnesota is atleast a decent team. 

Purdue was 2-6 heading into today and decimated by injuries. Frost might as well give his paycheck back this week because it didn’t appear he got off the bus with some of his play calling. 

To top it all off, we allowed a 3rd string walk on march down the field for the winning TD.   Not a whole lot of good to say about the job this staff has done thru 21 games. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Minnesota is atleast a decent team. 

Purdue was 2-6 heading into today and decimated by injuries. Frost might as well give his paycheck back this week because it didn’t appear he got off the bus with some of his play calling. 

To top it all off, we allowed a 3rd string walk on mark down the field for the winning TD.   Not a whole lot of good to say about the job this staff has done thru 21 games. 

I was at the Minnesota game, so the context is important to note. All 3 games sucked for various reasons.

54 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Not sure which is more brutal.... the loss at Minny, the loss at home to the Hoosiers, or the loss at Purdue.

Maybe all 3. Ughh.

Definitely the last two imo. Minnesota was flat out better. Nebraska had the talent to beat Indiana and Purdue but got outplayed and outcoached. And it likely cost them a bowl game unless they pull something out of their ass the last three games.

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

Definitely the last two imo. Minnesota was flat out better. Nebraska had the talent to beat Indiana and Purdue but got outplayed and outcoached. And it likely cost them a bowl game unless they pull something out of their ass the last three games.

Yeah, I know. I was at the Minny game, and it sucked too. Losing is the worst ! And Nebraska finds new ways to do so.