2019 Football Outlook

I think Frost's play calling has been to blame for a lot of our offensive struggles so far, TBH. I think he started to get out of his own way in the 2nd quarter and, when Vedral came in, it looked more like what it's supposed to from a scheme perspective: force the other team to defend the whole field from sideline to sideline. Designed QB runs need to come at opportune times when you catch the defense flat-footed, like Vedral's score. Not like 2AM's first 5-6 runs when he hadn't yet established himself as a passing threat.

9 hours ago, 49r said:

NIU is pretty good tho.  No shame in winning by "only" 36 in this one.  Oklahoma only beat UCLA by 34 and it could be argued that NIU is a better team than UCLA so...

I was surprised the Sooners didn't flirt with 100 against UCLA.

Defense is good...not great, but good.  We have lost a couple of Safeties that leaves me concerned.  But I will tell you what, Lamar Jackson is playing excellent football.  From where he was when this staff came in, to where he is today, is somewhat amazing.

Offense is a work in progress.  They remind me of Oklahoma during the Barry years.  Their offense would take time to jell, but when they did, everything ran like a well oiled machine.  I thought Mills looked a lot better yesterday.  He wasn't sprinting to the line, he saw the holes (when they were there).  As long as the line keeps improving, the offense will improve along with them.

Special teams...kicker for hire.  

I also think that people get annoyed with him over the course of every season.  Let's be real that this isn't just some "one-off" tweet.  If this was a first time thing, I don't think he'd get as negative of reaction as he is getting.  It always seems like he has trouble being "happy" about anything.  I know, I know... he is a "realist" and the "truth hurts" sometimes.  It just starts to rub people the wrong way over time I think.  Also, I think I fell in love with " in this post.

I heard on 93.7 today that Ohio State has 44 four and five star players on their two-deep depth chart.  Ten of those 44 are 5* players.  As a comparison, the Huskers have 14 four star players on their two-deep depth chart.  No 5 star players.  Our highest rated player would actually be (about) number 15 on the OSU roster.  The talent differential is significant.  But hey, they don't play the game based on the number of stars.  But still, that differential is significant.

4 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:
17 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

All l heard was we need Scott Frost he is the man. Well you guys got him for seven years.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I owe Bo Pelini an apology. And I hate that guy

I wonder how Pelini would've done with the roster that Riley left us with.

13 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

All l heard was we need Scott Frost he is the man. Well you guys got him for seven years.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

What is the purpose of this post lol? Are you advocating we should have kept Mike Riley? I hope not. Who else would you have liked to hire? We went out and got one of, if not the hottest, coach on the market. Oh and by the way he is 17 games into his coaching tenure here. You sound like one of these millennials (I am probably MUCH closer to actually being one than you) who wants everything now. Frost is attempting to flip this thing around. Idk if he will be successful or not but give the man a fair shot. 

It sucks getting boat raced on national tv in front of the entire country. But guess what? Ohio State is gonna do that to alot of teams and do it to teams that are much better than us. Just the way it goes sometimes.

2 hours ago, khoock said:

What is the purpose of this post lol? Are you advocating we should have kept Mike Riley? I hope not. Who else would you have liked to hire? We went out and got one of, if not the hottest, coach on the market. Oh and by the way he is 17 games into his coaching tenure here. You sound like one of these millennials (I am probably MUCH closer to actually being one than you) who wants everything now. Frost is attempting to flip this thing around. Idk if he will be successful or not but give the man a fair shot. 

It sucks getting boat raced on national tv in front of the entire country. But guess what? Ohio State is gonna do that to alot of teams and do it to teams that are much better than us. Just the way it goes sometimes.

No, not at all. I'm just saying most everyone wanted Frost to be the next HC. And he was going to be the savior of Nebraska and that he would do it in two years. This was never going to be a quick fix like a lot of people thought. He has 20 years of shit to fix. And I'm fine with Frost, I just knew that two years isn't going to fix the shitfest that has been Nebraska.