Finally. A Small, Little Husker Hoops Fix

On 6/21/2019 at 5:26 PM, Dean Smith said:

Though I haven't spent any time or money on market research so I admit maybe I'm misjudging Herbie.

On 6/26/2019 at 9:33 PM, Dean Smith said:

Oregon can pretty much afford anything they want without worrying about profit or loss.

WE WON'T BE DENIED HERBIE APPAREL!!

tenor.gif?itemid=3570510

But in all seriousness, I have no strong feeling about Herbie apparel one way or the other. It's "cool" in a kitschy way, and I'd probably wear something with a Herbie logo on it if it was given to me, but I probably wouldn't seek it out.

Having said that, all you have to do is scroll through the responses to this tweet to realize that Herbie has a massive underground appeal. I've seen quite a bit of fascination with athletic department-issued Herbie gear around the internet. Enough to believe the stuff would sell like really warm flapjacks.

Ultimately, I think @HuskerFever is right. There's likely no consumer version of the Herbie gear, because it doesn't fit their cookie-cutter design/production process that they use across the college landscape. But adidas must recognize some value in the Herbie logo, if they're willing to run it out on the stuff they're outfitting the coaches in.

1 hour ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

WE WON'T BE DENIED HERBIE APPAREL!!

tenor.gif?itemid=3570510

It's in the thousands, but yeah, to adidas it might as well be "dozens" since they don't care that old-school Nebraska basketball fanatics want 'that.'

Edited by AuroranHusker

9 minutes ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

Oooooh... you broke the rules and bought some illicit, swap meet Herbie gear.

Actually, I spoke too soon. It might be adidas.... I wore it today, in fact. In this crazy heat, Herbie-shirt stinks to high heaven or I'd check to make sure right now. haha

UPDATE: Just washed shirt smells much, much better than earlier today. I now recall I bought the official adidas "Herbie Husker" shirt at Husker Hounds in west Omaha.

Edited by AuroranHusker