Our Draft Drought

15 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

If we were going to have a draft drought, I'm just glad Roby was the one to break that dry spell and not AWIII.

Crazy to think that the same calendar year that Nebraska football doesn't have a player picked since 1962, that Nebraska basketball has a player selected for the first time since '99, which is the last time NU had a football conference championship. And that coincides with the last time that NU hoops had a significant run of success with 5 NCAA's in 8 seasons.

This goes along the lines of @Norm Peterson's "we need to start off strong next season to signal progress and keep momentum" type of comment in another thread (think it was around scheduling), but getting this draft pick helps along with that as well. It's no longer that monkey on our backs and it's signaling that it can be done at Nebraska; that a player can come in here, work hard, and get drafted in this modern era.

15 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Crazy to think that the same calendar year that Nebraska football doesn't have a player picked since 1962, that Nebraska basketball has a player selected for the first time since '99, which is the last time NU had a football conference championship. And that coincides with the last time that NU hoops had a significant run of success with 5 NCAA's in 8 seasons.

So, I guess you are saying the stars are aligned to go back to the future!

A fine nice place where Huskers win big.

1 hour ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Went from going to possibly the worst run franchise in the NBA to a team with atleast a direction in the mavs. Should be a good role player if he can crack the rotation. A lot easier to root for the mavs than the pistons too

Unfortunately I doubt he ever plays a game for Dallas though. 

The main reason the Mavericks made the trade with Detroit is so they can package Courtney Lee's contract and those picks (including Roby) in a trade offer to Cleveland for JR Smith's contract. 

1 minute ago, Blackshirt83 said:

Unfortunately I doubt he ever plays a game for Dallas though. 

The main reason the Mavericks made the trade with Detroit is so they can package Courtney Lee's contract and those picks (including Roby) in a trade offer to Cleveland for JR Smith's contract. 

Man, I hope not. Roby could fit into the Mavs' rotation eventually. Dallas is very well coached, and they have developed some good players within their team.