Our Draft Drought

While our lack of participation in this yearly event has been well documented, it’s interesting to note Northwestern is right there with us: Evan Eschmeyer in ‘99 by NJ. Surprisingly Goldy the Gopher is next up the ladder with Kris Humphries in ‘04 (pre-Kardashian) to the Jazz. Then it’s Rutgers in ‘10 with Hamady N’Diaye to the Wolves. Michigan St. has the most draft picks in that time frame with 12 followed by OSU with 11...

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

It goes without saying, maybe the best thing about Hoiberg, Frost & Bolt isn’t their resume/experience or “Nebraska ties” it’s their relative youth. If things play out as we all hope, they could have John Cook, Francis Allen or Peppin type careers at the U!

Would say TO has a similar career at NU compared to the three you listed. And we should add the shooting team and bowling team coaches to this list.

Edited by colhusker

22 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Would say TO has a similar career at NU compared to the three you listed. And we should add the shooting team and bowling team coaches to this list.

For sure, I left T.O. off my short list because what he accomplished won’t be replicated anywhere, anytime...

The Golden State Warriors acquired an extra 2nd round pick this morning - #41 from the Atlanta Hawks.  They are likely losing Durant, Bogut is old, and Cousins is likely gone to another team.  Golden State was one of a handful of teams that interviewed Roby during the combine and they also had him out recently for a private workout.  I'm calling my shot and saying that Roby ends our 21st Century draft drought and is selected #41 by the Golden State Warriors.

54 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

The Golden State Warriors acquired an extra 2nd round pick this morning - #41 from the Atlanta Hawks.  They are likely losing Durant, Bogut is old, and Cousins is likely gone to another team.  Golden State was one of a handful of teams that interviewed Roby during the combine and they also had him out recently for a private workout.  I'm calling my shot and saying that Roby ends our 21st Century draft drought and is selected #41 by the Golden State Warriors.

FWIW saw this today

FWIW Dan Patrick has it on "good sources" that Klay Thompson is on his way to playing for his father's team, the Los Angeles Lakers. I'd love to see Roby go to a high-profile squad with a Championship pedigree. Durant's status is obviously up in the air as well, but he WOULD get valuable minutes with the Warriors and who wouldn't want to live/play in the City by the Bay?