We Sent in the Entry

First of all, a shoutout to @Navin R. Johnson for doing some yeoman's work on the recruiting board getting some threads started on recent offers.

Second of all, a shoutout to @CoachHoiberg & Co who are doing some yeoman's work on the recruiting trail.

I grant there's a big difference between an offer and a visit, let alone a commit, but our program has never made offers like this before.  We're in uncharted territory here.  These guys have no fear.  And the way they've closed on visitors, if we can just get a few of these guys to come to Lincoln and kick the tires on our program, I'd think we'd stand a reasonably good chance of signing them.  And if we can sign 2 or 3 of them (I know, BIG if), it could easily propel our program into the top 1/3 of the conference.

The pessimist might say "just because you offer, doesn't mean they'll sign." And that's true.  The optimist in me would reply like the commercials for Publisher's Clearinghouse:  "You can't win if you don't enter."  And, up until this year, we didn't enter.

Looks like, for 2021, we sent in the entry.

On 6/16/2019 at 1:09 PM, Norm Peterson said:

First of all, a shoutout to @Navin R. Johnson for doing some yeoman's work on the recruiting board getting some threads started on recent offers.

Second of all, a shoutout to @CoachHoiberg & Co who are doing some yeoman's work on the recruiting trail.

I grant there's a big difference between an offer and a visit, let alone a commit, but our program has never made offers like this before.  We're in uncharted territory here.  These guys have no fear.  And the way they've closed on visitors, if we can just get a few of these guys to come to Lincoln and kick the tires on our program, I'd think we'd stand a reasonably good chance of signing them.  And if we can sign 2 or 3 of them (I know, BIG if), it could easily propel our program into the top 1/3 of the conference.

The pessimist might say "just because you offer, doesn't mean they'll sign." And that's true.  The optimist in me would reply like the commercials for Publisher's Clearinghouse:  "You can't win if you don't enter."  And, up until this year, we didn't enter.

Looks like, for 2021, we sent in the entry.

Having spent time with Hoiberg & Co. during the Basketball Camp in the latter part of last week, I can attest that these dudes "get it." Excited for the future of Nebrasketball. GBR!