2021 C Wilhelm Breidenbach - LOI

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

Guys, I just want to be on the record as saying I think this guy is going to be really good. He's going to be a unique talent, hard-working, smart, and competitive player. He's gonna do it all with goggles and maybe even keep the goofy haircut. I think this is the exact type of big we've been missing for a long time. 

I will join you out on that limb.

41 minutes ago, busticket said:

I always thought Garza looked like Meat from Porky’s

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I always thought he looks like he's got a little Mick Jagger in him:

1528839682014-GettyImages-174048628.jpeg

Of course, if that was the case, he'd have a lot in common with many young women during the 60's and 70's...

6 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Could he end up with a similar career as Garza from Iowa....??  They seem like similar type players..

No I don’t think he has the frame/size to play like Garza. I struggle to even call him a big man. I just think he’s gonna be a Swiss Army knife that just knows how to play basketball and make plays. High motor, will defend intelligently, rough it up a bit. 

Nick Davidson leads Mater Dei boys basketball to 51-38 win over Santa Margarita - YouTube

Here's highlights of Mater Dei's lowest scoring game of the year so far.  Breidenbach is #32, USC recruit Harrison Hornery (6'10") is #30, and Nevada recruit Nick Davidson (6'8") is #35.  Breidenbach has some ups and downs in these highlights.

11 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Nick Davidson leads Mater Dei boys basketball to 51-38 win over Santa Margarita - YouTube

Here's highlights of Mater Dei's lowest scoring game of the year so far.  Breidenbach is #32, USC recruit Harrison Hornery (6'10") is #30, and Nevada recruit Nick Davidson (6'8") is #35.  Breidenbach has some ups and downs in these highlights.

OMG I loved #35's game in that clip. 

Kinda disappointed with my boys defense tbh. 

10 hours ago, MichHusker said:

Definitely lucky in a way. Tore my meniscus in high school and missed four months since they repaired it. Sounds like they trimmed the tear in Wilhelms meniscus allowing for quicker recovery but greater chance of arthritis later in life 

That seems like a bad choice/medical advice.

10 minutes ago, Vinny said:

That seems like a bad choice/medical advice.

I can't say for sure since I'm not a medical expert, but my orthopedic surgeon told me they really don't know what option they take until they start the procedure. They try and save it if they can but can't always do that

All I can add is my personal experience. I tore the meniscus in my left knee in the 7th grade in an (ill-advised) attempt to play football. Our town was so far in the boondocks that an orthopod only visited every other month so the swelling and pain had subsided by the time he arrived. My parents opted to pass on the surgery which he recommended so every year the knee would spontaneously collapse once or twice and I would limp around on a grapefruit sized joint for a week or so. I broke my left arm during one of the falls. Anyway, the knee was stable enough to let me play basketball and start my senior year (probably cost me my college career though) (just kidding). My knee gave out again in my late twenties and I broke my right arm. So I finally had an eminent orthopod "clean up the joint" in my thirties in the day before arthroscopy. It quit collapsing, but it remained bone-on-bone thereafter and the calf became 1/3 smaller than the right one. It was known as my "bad pin" as the arthritis began to bother me enough to disturb sleep. Finally in my seventies I got the necessary knee replacement and now the arthritic discomfort is tolerable and although it still doesn't haver full range of motion I have abandoned my hope of playing college ball. Thanks for bearing with this long tale of woe. Moral: Wilhelm is wise to get this fixed ASAP!

Edited by jimmykc

• hhcmatt unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

https://theticketfm.com/dp-and-stephens/dp-stephens-wilhelm-breidenbach-in-studio/

https://theticketfm.com/dp-and-stephens/dp-stephens-wilhelm-breidenbach-in-studio-part-2/

Remarkably smooth and heady.

Currently at 6'10", 218#

Between him, CJ Wilcher, Kobe, and others the media interviews pre and post game are going to be pretty good this year.

21 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

https://theticketfm.com/dp-and-stephens/dp-stephens-wilhelm-breidenbach-in-studio/

https://theticketfm.com/dp-and-stephens/dp-stephens-wilhelm-breidenbach-in-studio-part-2/

Remarkably smooth and heady.

Currently at 6'10", 218#

Between him, CJ Wilcher, Kobe, and others the media interviews pre and post game are going to be pretty good this year.

The most under-hyped newcomer of them all IMO. He’s going to be a special player here. Even if Traudt comes next year, it’ll be hard to keep either one of those guys off the floor. 

I like this:

“Where I’ve kind of always been at is to avoid surgery,” Breidenbach said. “I’m out there able to play a little bit, go up and down (the court), so I’m pretty close to being back to full health. So it’s just keep building and strengthening my knee to where it’s supposed to be and to avoid more injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk