Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
khoock

Italy Trip

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, jayschool said:

I had Sling TV then. I now live in Iowa, so the Royals are a "home team," which means I use HuluPlus to get all KC, STL, MIL, CHW, CHC and MIN games. Our local cable gets only Chicago teams.

 

In Colorado, I just bought the entire MLB.TV season the first couple of years, then pared it down to Royals games. The single-team MLB.TV package is $89.99 per year, I believe.

 

Before that, I just had to watch the Rockies on cable. Yuck.

 

 

thanks, I might have to look into that.  I'm also not a big fan of Boulder, Colorado.  Can't imagine living there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, khoock said:

I will always advocate for Hulu Live TV its 49.99 a month and you get all of the ESPNs, ACCN, ABC, NBC, CBS and CBS Sports, Fox, FS1, BTN, and TNT. (Plus other non sports related channels)

 

The only thing from a sports perspective that it really lacks is NFL Network and NBA TV.

It also lacks MLB Network, I believe. YoutubeTV has that and I think the NFL and NBA channels. I tried them both last year and thought YoutubeTV was a superior product by kind of a lot. Maybe Hulu has caught up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

It also lacks MLB Network, I believe. YoutubeTV has that and I think the NFL and NBA channels. I tried them both last year and thought YoutubeTV was a superior product by kind of a lot. Maybe Hulu has caught up.

 

I'm thinking about going to youtube. how bad is the lag between this and twitter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

It also lacks MLB Network, I believe. YoutubeTV has that and I think the NFL and NBA channels. I tried them both last year and thought YoutubeTV was a superior product by kind of a lot. Maybe Hulu has caught up.

 

I cut cable almost two years ago and I've tried a lot of these services and was most impressed by YouTubeTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

 

I'm thinking about going to youtube. how bad is the lag between this and twitter?

All streaming services I've used (YT, Sling, Hulu, MLB.tv, etc) are all at least 90 seconds behind. That might be a little extreme, but that's what it feels like... All put me a play or two behind, which can take away some of the drama. I'm not disciplined enough sometimes to put the phone away between commercials.

Edited by uneblinstu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It showed up in my DirecTV guide today - looks like it'll be 3 parts, each 1/2 hour long, airing back to back to back.

 

Looks like they'll be re-airing the 3 parts occasionally all week, but it won't be all 3 parts consecutively on those re-airings, so Oct. 28 is the best bet to catch it all at once.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, throwback said:

It showed up in my DirecTV guide today - looks like it'll be 3 parts, each 1/2 hour long, airing back to back to back.

 

Looks like they'll be re-airing the 3 parts occasionally all week, but it won't be all 3 parts consecutively on those re-airings, so Oct. 28 is the best bet to catch it all at once.

 

 

Also noticed that Nebraska vs Indiana will be re-aired as a "BTN Football in 60" just prior to the 3-part 'B1G Trip'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I just set up my DVR,  The BTN caption says only "The B1G Trip" (but no mention it is the Huskers Italy-ian Trip  :Redface: in the description). There are three consecutive half hour programs; beginning at 7:00 Central.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done, BTN. I recommend all who post here watch it. Gives a really good insight into the personalities of all of these new players and some of the staff. I appreciated the fact that a few might have not wanted to appear on camera, but the "on-camera stars" were definitely Doc. ,Dachon, Jervay, and Dalano. The Mayor is impressive and Doc seems to make a perfect sidekick/foil for all. (Think Andy Devine, Smiley Burnett, Pat Buttram, Gabby Hayes, for all of the fans of old cowboy shows).

Edited by jimmykc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

the "on-camera stars" were definitely Doc. ,Dachon, Jervay, and Dalano

 

and Thor

 

A couple of things about Thor...

 

1).  I didn't know his English was as good as it is, he's a native speaker, and

2).  He says winters are colder in Nebraska than Iceland.  That surprised me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 49r said:

 

and Thor

 

A couple of things about Thor...

 

1).  I didn't know his English was as good as it is, he's a native speaker, and

2).  He says winters are colder in Nebraska than Iceland.  That surprised me.

Me too for sure.  We must be more victim to those polar winds and fronts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Well done, BTN. I recommend all who post here watch it. Gives a really good insight into the personalities of all of these new players and some of the staff. I appreciated the fact that a few might have not wanted to appear on camera, but the "on-camera stars" were definitely Doc. ,Dachon, Jervay, and Dalano. The Mayor is impressive and Doc seems to make a perfect sidekick/foil for all. (Think Andy Devine, Smokey Burnett, Pat Buttram, Gabby Hayes, for all of the fans of old cowboy shows).

I remember him as Mr. Haney from Green Acres.  Those interactions with Mr. Douglas were maybe the funniest parts of the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonus points today for whoever can name Gene, Roy, and Hopalong's horses. And that reminds me of one of my father's attempts at humor in telling us that Tom Mix's horse was named "Cement". (Hopefully no one will spill their coffee on that one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Bonus points today for whoever can name Gene, Roy, and Hopalong's horses. And that reminds me of one of my father's attempts at humor in telling us that Tom Mix's horse was named "Cement". (Hopefully no one will spill their coffee on that one).

Champion, Trigger and Sekatoure Henry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difference is, the summer highs in Reykjavik are only about 20 degrees warmer than the winter highs, in Lincoln they're about 55 degrees warmer.

 

Also Lincoln gets 56 days of rain per year, Reykjavik gets 142.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...