Italy Trip

khoock

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

It really REALLY sucks that Cam Mack got sick.  If he'd been eligible to practice and then had gotten sick, he'd at least have had some reps with the team.  But now he's missed the pre-Italy practices as well as the trip itself and all the opportunities for him to acclimate to Hoiberg's system have been lost. Just really, really sucks.  For him and for us. And I say this because experience tells me that it typically takes a juco a little bit of time, generally a semester or more, to kind of get up to speed in the new system and P5 level of play.  Mental reps are great, but there's no substitute for real practice and game minutes and it would have been nice to have him getting this experience.

I know there's nothing we can do about it now, but it still is something that is an unfortunate turn of events for the young man and for us.

17 hours ago, khoock said:

- Haanif Cheatham

- Matej Kavas

- Jervay Green

- Dachon Burke

- Shamiel Stevenson 

- Cam Mack

Wouldnt be surprised if these six average 28-33 minutes a game each and the rest of the players fill in depending on what we need that game (scoring, defense, size, etc)

1 minute ago, uneblinstu said:

Not sure where he fits in, but I strongly believe Samari Curtis is gonna play and play a lot. He'll be right in this mix.

Unless they put Cheatham at the four a lot this year or unless he is just flat out better than Mack, Green, and/or Burke I just dont see where hes gonna get minutes at. However, I do agree that he is a talented player and will be able to step up if/when needed.

1 minute ago, khoock said:

Unless they put Cheatham at the four a lot this year or unless he is just flat out better than Mack, Green, and/or Burke I just dont see where hes gonna get minutes at. However, I do agree that he is a talented player and will be able to step up if/when needed.

Well, someone's gonna have to play the 4, but I think Curtis is gonna be too good to leave him on the bench.

55 minutes ago, khoock said:

Anyone know how the Italian Select team compares to the first team we play in terms of competition?

I believe the team we played yesterday and the day before was suppose to be the better of the three.

I believe "Select" team would be made up of kids 19 or younger.  In theory it would be the best basically high school/non-pro kids in Italy. I saw that other teams were playing "Select" teams but based on regions instead of the whole country. Seems like they'd be a weaker opponent.

13 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I believe "Select" team would be made up of kids 19 or younger.  In theory it would be the best basically high school/non-pro kids in Italy. I saw that other teams were playing "Select" teams but based on regions instead of the whole country. Seems like they'd be a weaker opponent.

So at the talent/skill level of the team Creighton lost to earlier this week on their trip 😂😂😂