Italy Trip

khoock

35 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Is Rothstein in Italy for these games?  I mean, there are plenty of them. Lots of programs taking summer Italy trips this year. But Rothstein's tweet makes it sound like he's been on-hand for our games.

That's a great question.  Because if he's just going by today, Cheatham did a lot.  However, he didn't do a ton on Monday.  I'm wondering if he has some eyes on the games in some way, shape, or form.

Interesting note: all scholarship players that are eligible to play next year and participating in the trip have started a game. Dalano Banton, who is not eligible this upcoming year, is the only scholarship player who has played but has not started.

Matej Kavas and Haanif Cheatham have started both games thus far.

Edited by khoock

Also an interesting note that scoring has been pretty evenly spread.  It seems like Burke and Cheatham might be "go to's" but Cross, Kavas, Green, Stevenson, and Curtis can all put the ball in the bucket.  This is all without Cam Mack too.  

If we can play with intensity on D all of the time, we should be able to hang around with teams.  Much like we did in Doc's days.  However, we should have much more of a well-rounded scoring punch.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Is Rothstein in Italy for these games?  I mean, there are plenty of them. Lots of programs taking summer Italy trips this year. But Rothstein's tweet makes it sound like he's been on-hand for our games.

He's not. He's just reading Shamus's tweets and adding that to what he knows from seeing the team in Lincoln

Heres what i got

STARTERS

Samari Curtis 8 points

Haanif Cheatham 20 points

Shamiel Stevenson 6 pts

Matej Kavas 9 points, three 3pt FGs

Kevin Cross 2 points

BENCH

Jervay Green 6 points

Dachon Burke 20 points

Thorir Thorbjarnarson 5 points

Dalano Banton 4 points

Charlie Easley 3 points

- We played 12 players (im assuming same 12 as last game); 10 of which scored

- Starters were sluggish with poor switching and communication on D to start; second unit (Green, Burke, Banton, and Thor mentioned specifically) helped ignite the team in the first quarter

- Team hit a total of ten 3's

Edited by khoock

12 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

As we speculate on who might start in our first REAL game, I’d say it’s safe to write in Mack, Burke & Cheatham in ink...

Is Mack even a sure fire bet? He's missed crucial practice reps and the whole entire foreign tour plus the jump from JUCO to D1 is usually a bumpy one.

Not saying he wont be but i wouldnt put him in the same category as Burke and Cheatham since they are getting these valuable practice and in game reps and have already played at varying levels of D1 basketball.