Italy Trip

khoock

23 hours ago, khoock said:

Kevin Cross looks shorter than Haanif Cheatham and Thorir looks to be towering over him (even though none of the three are perfectly lined up and Cross appears to be in slides).

Pic is from a team photo of them in the airport if anyone cares to post it.

I don't know how tall Kevin Cross is, but I'm pretty sure Matt Abdelmassih is like 4'10".

42 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I guess Arop did not get all his travel papers in on time. Hopefully a lesson learned about getting your work done on time in college.

I wonder if him being South Sudanese complicated matters here.  I don't know if he was born in the US or what.  We probably shouldn't rush to judgement on this.

I was able to watch some of this (thanks to a quick visit to Babble for a lesson in speaking Italian). Could someone post what numbers the players are wearing since I couldn't recognize all of them. Who was the player in the red headband? What number was Green wearing? I guess it was pretty good to put up 87 points with all of the missed layups so I am happy. When is the next game-Wednesday??

29 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

I was able to watch some of this (thanks to a quick visit to Babble for a lesson in speaking Italian). Could someone post what numbers the players are wearing since I couldn't recognize all of them. Who was the player in the red headband? What number was Green wearing? I guess it was pretty good to put up 87 points with all of the missed layups so I am happy. When is the next game-Wednesday??

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=24&SPSID=23&DB_OEM_ID=100&_ga=2.103886912.1377401697.1565044462-993225242.1560280134

4 hours ago, jimmykc said:

1 - Cross
4 - Stevenson
11 - Burke (headband)
13 - Walker
15 - Curtis
21 - Pike
22 - Cheatham
23 - Green
25 - Kavas
30 - Easley
34 - Thorir
44 - Porter
45 - Banton

15 minutes ago, TheGov21 said:

Is there a place that I can go to see the schedule of when they play their games?  

Husker Basketball Italy Game Schedule

Day

City

Game Info

Mon., Aug. 5

Rome

vs. Stella Azzurra Academy, 11:30 a.m. (CT)

Wed., Aug. 7

Florence

vs. Silute BC (Lithuania), 1 p.m. (CT)

Thurs., Aug. 8

Florence

vs. Silute BC (Lithuania), 11 a.m. (CT)

Mon., Aug. 12

Como

vs. Italian Select, Noon (CT)

The next team we play twice is BC Silute which plays in a 2nd tier Lithuanian league. Their team consists of locals ranging in age from 17-29 that don't slot into higher level and typically a few Americans who excelled playing Div II or NAIA ball. I think their season is over so I'm not sure how in flux their roster is. I suspect this will be the best team we play.

It also looks like they play Illinois Wesleyan, Houston, Illinois State, Miami and BYU over the next couple of weeks.

No photo description available.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Minnesota is playing Stella Azzurra Basketball Academy today.

Took a quick look over at the game thread on gopherhole.com just now and it sounds like the Gophers have been trailing Stella Azzura for the whole game so far.  Gophers trail 43-40 at halftime.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?89195-All-Things-Gophers-Summer-Trip-to-Italy-Thread/page3

Took a quick look over at the game thread on gopherhole.com just now and it sounds like the Gophers have been trailing Stella Azzura for the whole game so far.  Gophers trail 43-40 at halftime.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?89195-All-Things-Gophers-Summer-Trip-to-Italy-Thread/page3
Haha, sounds like Rich P just got T'd up

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk